• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Secure Boot With Dual Boot

  • Thread starter Deleted member 210069
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 210069

Guest
I like the secure boot feature of Windows 8. If i want to test the Windows 8.1 preview along side my Windows 8 partition, will secure boot be enabled for both operating systems?
 
So Secure Boot can be enabled even on non-oem computers?

I didn't know that.
 
Last edited:
My Windows 8 and 8.1 are both from academic msdn.
 
If you got 8 to work, I don't see why 8.1 wouldn't work. The BIOS may need to be updated.
 
Last edited:
I like the secure boot feature of Windows 8.

What feature of secure boot do you like exactly?

BIOS may provide secure boot options for different devices but usually default is all on or all off except maybe for firmware. If you have secure boot on and W8 then W8.1 should work the same way.
 
FYI, I finally got around to installing this. Both have secure boot enabled.

Essentially the reason I wanted to split is because I wanted to have one "gaming machine" where I can install games and their shady DRM (things like the rootkit GameGuard) and one machine for my personal stuff.

I have used Bitlocker on Windows 8.1 (both partitions). The Windows 8 machine can see these two encrypted partitions, but cannot write to them unless I type in the password. This seems like this should be a fairly safe sandbox.
 
Back
Top