Section 8 Prejudice out in 16 hours

I found that levels in this game mean shit really. If your´re a good player, it makes next to no difference which level you are in Section 8.

This is true for every game. Including BF where everyone cries that the starting weapons and loadouts suck. I still kick ass. Same in COD. Just a bunch of sucky players looking for an excuse as usual.:rolleyes:

This is true for every game. Including BF where everyone cries that the starting weapons and loadouts suck. I still kick ass. Same in COD. Just a bunch of sucky players looking for an excuse as usual.:rolleyes:

No doubt. Skilled, experienced players will do ok regardless of the weapons. My boss recently started playing BFBC2 after not playing fps for 3 years and is a pretty damn good shot already. Mostly positive KDR too. Looking to get this game this weekend.

No doubt. Skilled, experienced players will do ok regardless of the weapons. My boss recently started playing BFBC2 after not playing fps for 3 years and is a pretty damn good shot already. Mostly positive KDR too. Looking to get this game this weekend.

Ya sounds about right. Honestly I'm a big fan of this game. Such a great game for a great price. I really wish we would see more of this type of thing. It's why i want people to support this game. They deserve to be successful and I want other devs to try this as well. This price point is awesome and would have us all buying alot more games. Plus I wouldn't be upset if I buy a game and it sucks at this price. At 50 or even 60 I get really pissed when it sucks.

I found that levels in this game mean shit really. If your´re a good player, it makes next to no difference which level you are in Section 8.

This is mainly right with a few exceptions. The LMG with incendiaries and the EMP grenade make a huge difference compared to the defaults in their trees.

I think that shows a well designed game. Skill should overcome level in a FPS; levels should just give you more variety and a SLIGHT advantage.

The upgrades are nice don't get me wrong but they are hardly the be all end all if you will. I can kick as much ass with or without them at this point. It's all about getting used to the mechanics of THIS particular game. Get a little used to the game then you will see what I mean. It's a bit of a different feel vs say COD or BF. It has it's own feel. Dig the groove and you will have fun. :p:D:)

Edit I just want to say I'm trying to get back to when I used to have a blast just gaming on my PC. Back 10-15 years ago it wasn't about textures or aliasing or how expansive the levels were etc etc. I played and got addicted to GOOD games, fun games period. I didn't nitpick them to death like we do today. I recently came to the conslusion if I am going to stick with gaming then I needed to lighten up and just have fuckin fun again and you know what? It's been working. I'm having a blast again just playing the game. Don't get me wrong all the bullshit that's important to you guys is still imporatnt to me too just not to the point where it overshadows my good time, period. Take this game as a sort of light hearted cheap good time and you will see it can be a blast.

Edit I just want to say I'm trying to get back to when I used to have a blast just gaming on my PC. Back 10-15 years ago it wasn't about textures or aliasing or how expansive the levels were etc etc. I played and got addicted to GOOD games, fun games period. I didn't nitpick them to death like we do today. I recently came to the conslusion if I am going to stick with gaming then I needed to lighten up and just have fuckin fun again and you know what? It's been working. I'm having a blast again just playing the game. Don't get me wrong all the bullshit that's important to you guys is still imporatnt to me too just not to the point where it overshadows my good time, period. Take this game as a sort of light hearted cheap good time and you will see it can be a blast.

Hell. Yes. You nailed it, my friend. Sure, there's consolization to whine about in near every game, but a HUGE part of the problem is that back in the day people would just shut the fuck and play the game and then share the experience with their friends. Now, there are 50653 different forums to whine about 69439449 problems, real or imagined, limited or widespread. As a result, snark, cynicism, and criticism rule. I think many people have honestly gotten more "enjoyment" or spent more time trolling certain games or nitpicking over them than just playing.

This is one of those rare, rare games that I picked up with little expectation and it grabbed me from go time. Even as I was playing the tutorial SP, I knew the controls were rock solid and butter smooth. When I started MP a couple hours later it just blew my mind.

Tribes + Halo + Battlezone. Mmm yes.

Hell. Yes. You nailed it, my friend. Sure, there's consolization to whine about in near every game, but a HUGE part of the problem is that back in the day people would just shut the fuck and play the game and then share the experience with their friends. Now, there are 50653 different forums to whine about 69439449 problems, real or imagined, limited or widespread. As a result, snark, cynicism, and criticism rule. I think many people have honestly gotten more "enjoyment" or spent more time trolling certain games or nitpicking over them than just playing.

This is one of those rare, rare games that I picked up with little expectation and it grabbed me from go time. Even as I was playing the tutorial SP, I knew the controls were rock solid and butter smooth. When I started MP a couple hours later it just blew my mind.

Tribes + Halo + Battlezone. Mmm yes.

Cheers brother. We see eye to eye on this. ;)

The starting weapons in BC2 are some of the best in the game.

So far this game might not be contender for Game of the Year but certainly will be high up there for Value of the year. Excellent game for this kind of money. Surprises me again and again how deep the gameplay is.

Hell yea $13.95 is a hell of a price for the great gameplay.. maybe more companies will start doing this?

Hell yea $13.95 is a hell of a price for the great gameplay.. maybe more companies will start doing this?

Well I would say if they can keep a publisher out of the equation then maybe yes. Like what time gate did with this. Thats why its important we support this. If its successful theres more of a chance we will see more in the future.

Just barely purchased this, downloading from Steam as I type this up. Can't wait to play it once I get home from work!

Well I would say if they can keep a publisher out of the equation then maybe yes. Like what time gate did with this. Thats why its important we support this. If its successful theres more of a chance we will see more in the future.

Not trying to knock this game at all, but this game lacks the polish of a "triple A" title and I could totally see why it's averaging a 7/10 in most reviews I've seen.

Having said that, it didn't receive those scores because of the gameplay, which is pretty fantastic and more than makes up for that lack of polish. It adds enough new quirks to the genre to distinguish itself and marries Tribes and Battlefield pretty damn well...and the spawning system is teh sex.

These guys deserve your money. If they can polish up the next game, triple or quadruple the maps, and keep developing this type of gameplay, I'd gladly pay more.

I am really enjoying this, swarm is my favorite so far. Anyone on the fence on this game should do themselves the favor of getting it asap.

I'm really having a blast with this game. The multiplayer has depth far and beyond many $60 retail titles, and the customization is pretty fun to mess around with as well.

Definitely worth the $15.

Also, Savoy, I saw someone in a match today who was called Savoy2001 or something like that, is that you?

I'm really having a blast with this game. The multiplayer has depth far and beyond many $60 retail titles, and the customization is pretty fun to mess around with as well.

Definitely worth the $15.

Also, Savoy, I saw someone in a match today who was called Savoy2001 or something like that, is that you?

Ya that would be me. :p

Anyone hear when we're supposed to get new maps? I'm getting tired of the stock 4. In fact I wish they would bring us the maps from the first game. I played a few of them in the orignal beta and I liked them for the most part.

I'm gonna download this game when I get home from work. I hope it is at least slightly remiscient of Tribes 1. :)

Is it a big download?

Not too bad. 7 gb? About. Yeah, it is a bit like tribes indeed.

Sort of like tribes yes. However tribes fights often take place in the air while this games fights are mostly on the ground with the jetpacks being used to move short distances or to get to places up high etc. Also in tribes the jetpacks are used as a fast mode of travel. In section 8 you use a fast mode of travel along the ground called overdrive.

Yeah, I figured it wouldn't have the actual tactical jetpack combat of Tribes 1 that I loved so much, but either way it seems like a good game. I have been in such a rut when it comes to FPS's, so I'm hoping I can get into this game.

Prob spend the night downloading it, so guess I'll play it tomorrow if anyone is around. How is the community?

Yeah, I figured it wouldn't have the actual tactical jetpack combat of Tribes 1 that I loved so much, but either way it seems like a good game. I have been in such a rut when it comes to FPS's, so I'm hoping I can get into this game.

Prob spend the night downloading it, so guess I'll play it tomorrow if anyone is around. How is the community?

It's ok I guess. No real huge community to speak of though. The game is fun but I don't understand why I only see a few servers full at night.

I was a big fan of Tribes 2 and thought I would give S8P a shot. To me, it's more like Halo than Tribes. Wish there were more than 4 multiplayer maps. I have only put a few hours into it, but the lack of maps is starting to make gameplay a little stale.

I'm keeping an eye out for Tribes Ascend although I wish more news of the game was available.

It's ok I guess. No real huge community to speak of though. The game is fun but I don't understand why I only see a few servers full at night.

Sad to hear. I was really enjoying playing this game in between other titles. Definitely seems like a game that could really thrive if it had a larger community.

Easy to drop in for a bit and play 20-30 mins then go on to something else. Also easy to end up playing a couple hours straight w/o noticing.

This game wasn't probably on anyone's radar, then it has the unfortunate task of competeing with the generic CoD shooters, plus BFBC2 is still going pretty damn strong, TF2, and Brink are also keeping people away would be my guess. Which is sad because from what I hear and have seen it is an excellent game.

Played the game for about 4 hours. Seems decent, but not sure I'd be in it for long-term, but definitely a nice value and nice HUD graphics.

I actually, perhaps ironically, find that the game has less maneuverability than a more normal FPS; this is to say that despite having jetpacks and overdrive, I feel that the gun damage, shield strength, run speed, and lock-on produce a field scenario where battles are more of a 1/2 shot even if there is no surprise factor involved. I prefer more of a "dance" if you are a good player.

I'm assuming there is a 70% chance Tribes: Ascend is going to suck because:

A) It's based on Tribes 2 and not Tribes 1.
B) It's being made for Xbox.
C) Small dev, unproven track record, previous failure attempts at updating Tribes.

That said, I'm happy that some kind of game is being developed and I hope it is fun.

I have TF2, BC2, L4D2, S8:p installed at the moment. I can't really get into any of these games the way that I did with Tribes, and CS 1.6. Are there other FPS's out there worth checking out?

Cheers.

Well I like this game and still feel it's a great value at 15 bucks but sadly it seems pretty much almost dead already. Pretty fucking stupid if you ask me but whatever. Just tried to get in a game and 1 server had like 5 people on it (conquest). I know it's early in the day but still a week or 2 ago I could have found at least 1 full server which was weak in of itself but doable. Now? /sigh:mad:

Yeah I only had about 4 servers to choose from, all with not-great pings. Perhaps it will improve.

I'm assuming there is a 70% chance Tribes: Ascend is going to suck because:

A) It's based on Tribes 2 and not Tribes 1.
B) It's being made for Xbox.
C) Small dev, unproven track record, previous failure attempts at updating Tribes.

Wrong.
A) Big deal. Everyone likes skiing anyway.
B) Lead platform is PC
C) High-rez, creator of the MMO Global Agenda is not a small dev without track record.

Dont know where you got your info....but.... yeah

Well there is no reason to be divisive about it. I am not "wrong." I wasn't implying that others wouldn't enjoy the game or that it would be a commercial failure, I was stating why I may not enjoy the game. As to your counterpoints, I don't feel like any of them mitigates my concerns, but going through them point by point isn't really productive to this thread.

That said, I hope that you are right. I'm just setting myself up to be pleasantly surprised.

Decent game. I agree it is a bit stiff feeling. Otherwise, pretty solid. I prefer Battlefield but then I always do.

Back