Secret Cameras Record Baltimore’s Every Move From Above

HardOCP News

[H] News
How long will it be before the entire country is under constant surveillance? While we are asking questions, how much would something like that cost taxpayers? How many crooks do they actually catch with it? Who has access to the data? How long do they keep the collected data?

The system was built around an assembly of four to six commercially available industrial imaging cameras, synchronized and positioned at different angles, then attached to the bottom of a plane. As the plane flew, computers stabilized the images from the cameras, stitched them together and transmitted them to the ground at a rate of one per second. This produced a searchable, constantly updating photographic map that was stored on hard drives. His elevator pitch was irresistible: “Imagine Google Earth with TiVo capability.”

We're already under surveillance, with Stingray cell phone tower scanners and license plate scanners. What's so surprising about this?

Smile, you're being watched :D

• It already is.
  • You'll never know, as intended.
  • "Crook" has such a fluid definition, wouldn't you agree?
  • Most of the intelligence community, any law enforcement that knows how to ask the right people, and hackers.
  • Forever.

Pick up that can, citizen.

It says that the plane surveillance is paid for by a private donor, so no money is being spent on (outside of the needing man hours to see the footage). Curious who would pay for this sort of thing.

Spraying Chem Trails and looking for reactions to behavior maybe.
The Vault 88 experiments have expanded outside now. Goooood...

wall-thumbnail779248579e8f4f1a71d.jpg

Reactions: AK0tA
like this
Unfortunately, almost any town can be pig town.. and it's just going to get worse.

::: Do I still need my tinfoil hat anymore? :::

No tinfoil hat required, it wont be to far into the future we have those police drones working the beat in every major city. Tech is advancing quickly and getting smaller and light weight with much more power.

I just read the article, it's a good system but ..... I think at the moment it costs too much.

Now if you can increase it's effectiveness so that you can replace other systems/techniques, reduce some man power, make the whole thing more efficient and cost effective, then I could get behind it.

Person of Interest is a documentary for those who dont know :)

This tech was covered a year ago in a radiolab podcast

Eye in the Sky

It's worth a listen for everyone interested. High res cameras in the sky, taking aerial shots of entire regions each second and feeding those images into a time searchable database. They tested this out in Mexico, and earlier Iraq. Bomb explosion? Captured. The people who set the bomb? trace back to the explosion in the aerial cameras, then go backwards in time 1 second at a time until you see people in that area setting the explosive device, then... move FORWARD in time to see where they went. Nice trick eh?

Btw, for the record, I am not bothered by the use of this technology in the US. I am less concerned that US officials will abuse the technology and think it will be a boon to aiding law enforcement in capturing criminals. I especially like the perk of tracking down murders where the case ran cold. Though once this news gets out it may shift more illicit activity to night time, where literal vampires of society flee the light of the sun to engage in their parasitic activity.

Read this article earlier in the week. Pretty interesting stuff, not at all surprising though. I figure they'll combine the tech with those zeppelins we had up at APG (with a more secure tether FFS)

Future news article:

Eye in the Sky program deemed racist as criminal arrests of African Americans increases exponentially.

Back