My motherboard doesn't support power-on by keyboard with a USB keyboard (only PS/2), and my case (Antec P183) has an inconvenient power button half hidden behind a vent when the door is closed.
I'd like to add an additional power button. Since these are momentary on, the wiring is simple, but I want the connectors to be clean. I want to plug in the new button between the motherboard header and the current power button. I'm sure someone out there make an extension for these connectors, but I don't know exactly what they are called. Should I just be searching electronics sites for "header"? Is this 1mm spacing?
Edit: I found a y-splitter marketed for LEDs, but I think power switch is the same. (I can never remember which one is the odd one out.) http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...oduct_info&cPath=60_357_358&products_id=21699
I'd like to add an additional power button. Since these are momentary on, the wiring is simple, but I want the connectors to be clean. I want to plug in the new button between the motherboard header and the current power button. I'm sure someone out there make an extension for these connectors, but I don't know exactly what they are called. Should I just be searching electronics sites for "header"? Is this 1mm spacing?
Edit: I found a y-splitter marketed for LEDs, but I think power switch is the same. (I can never remember which one is the odd one out.) http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...oduct_info&cPath=60_357_358&products_id=21699
Last edited: