Secondary always on PSU?

Sojuuk

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Jan 18, 2003
Messages
3,054
what is safe to have always on on a secondary PSU when the main is not on that runs the mobo/cpu?

for example:
would hard drives be okay to leave always on even if no computer is accessing them

would video cards added power lines(6pin/8pin) not be safe to have always on(I assume already that this is not a good idea and to not attempt it.)
 
What is your reason for doing this? You can hook it up so that the second powersupply starts at the same time as the first. I've seen and heard of it being done, but I've never done it.
 
What's the purpose of having it always on? I find it silly, and it's a power draw that has no use.
 
I have access to 2psus neither can run my system alone, however, 2 together can. I am trying to split the power draw evenly and safely.
 
Back
Top