Second post showing up before OP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe just coincidence, but both of those had a reply posted within one minute of the original post (unless that's part of the glitch). Maybe when the reply is too fast the DB loses track?

If multiple posts are made at the same time, it goes by alpha order of your user names sometimes... or where you are listed in the DB

KodiakStar said:
If multiple posts are made at the same time, it goes by alpha order of your user names sometimes... or where you are listed in the DB

Yeah but theres no way someone could post a reply to a topic before it's created. And nobody could type their reply that fast.

You would be amazed at the posting speed of some people on here....

I think the record stands at 8 posts within a one minute time (8 different people)

I myself have posted a reply that quickly after a thread is posted.

If, for example, someone clicks submit at 6:52:58, thread is posted at 6:63:00
and person b loads the forum, reads the post in about 10 seconds... hits reply,
short one line answer, posts, it is still within that minutes time...

A minute is actually a long time :)

It's a glitch in the database that occurs every once and awhile. It has to do with the handling of post times by the database that will place answers to the original post ahead of the actual post. It usually corrects itself or with a little assistance from Cliff :)

TheGamerZ said:
This has been happening all over the forums...

The original post shows up after the first reply.

Example:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1007984
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1008026

If the mods/admin didn't already know, I'm just pointing it out. :)

Well one of the mods had to know since they deleted my post in that second thread that pointed it out. And my post was funny too... four of the next 7 people had quoted it and got a laugh out of it. Guess the mod had nothing better to do. :rolleyes:

Since we know about it there's no reason to keep this thread open, but to illicit off topic posting......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back