Second hand storage ssd?

cicadaaa

n00b
Joined
May 11, 2024
Messages
3
Do you think the storage I got might be second hand? I bought it brand new from the legit online shop, but when I checked Crystal Disk Info, it already has 200GB of writes but the power on hours is 0. What could that be? Is that normal?

s - Imgur
 

Attachments

  • photo_2024-06-14_17-41-02.jpg
    photo_2024-06-14_17-41-02.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 0
Do you think the storage I got might be second hand? I bought it brand new from the legit online shop, but when I checked Crystal Disk Info, it already has 200GB of writes but the power on hours is 0. What could that be? Is that normal?

s - Imgur
Because it was powered on and written to, and was not on for more than a hour. Does seem odd for being “new”. Was the manufacturers packaging sealed?
 
Never powered one up and went right into there to look. Possibly outgoing QC testing at factory and maybe they forgot to wipe the stats? Or maybe they don't wipe them.
 
"is this drive used" would be a better title...
if the pack was sealed properly i would assume its just qc leftovers.
 
Back
Top