I used an Inateck FE3001 enclosure to initialize and format a 10 TB Seagate Ironwolf drive.
When I load up SeaTools to check the drive for errors (while It's in the enclosure) I'm presented with two hard drives.
The "Model Number" presented is what shows up under "Safely Eject" so that's the enclosure even though It's not the actual model number of the enclosure.
But then I'm presented with 2 different Serial Numbers.
These serial numbers in the screen shot don't match the serial number displayed on my hard drive nor do they match the serial number of the enclosure. So I'm not sure which hard drive entry to scan, if it even matters or if there's some sort of issue here. Now, if this was a 15 minute scan, I wouldn't care, but I'm doing a Long Generic and that takes 18+ hours. So I thought I'd ask for advice.
I'm assuming I just scan the SAS-SCSI-FC entry since that's what the "Safely Eject" said it removed.
When I load up SeaTools to check the drive for errors (while It's in the enclosure) I'm presented with two hard drives.
The "Model Number" presented is what shows up under "Safely Eject" so that's the enclosure even though It's not the actual model number of the enclosure.
But then I'm presented with 2 different Serial Numbers.
These serial numbers in the screen shot don't match the serial number displayed on my hard drive nor do they match the serial number of the enclosure. So I'm not sure which hard drive entry to scan, if it even matters or if there's some sort of issue here. Now, if this was a 15 minute scan, I wouldn't care, but I'm doing a Long Generic and that takes 18+ hours. So I thought I'd ask for advice.
I'm assuming I just scan the SAS-SCSI-FC entry since that's what the "Safely Eject" said it removed.