• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Seasonic X-850 Install

B

bare

Guest
Hello,
Doumentation for installation is rather ambiguous. I have an Abee Acubic T20R which is a top mount case. Do I install the PSU with the fan up or down?

Picture of case mounting (in this photo Abee has the fan facing down):
10.jpg


Regards
 
Last edited by a moderator:
actually, there is enough room above for the PSU to source air so it will work fine either way

I would mount it fan down myself
 
Thank you. I believe part of the PSU bracket will block a small portion of the fan grille, so fan down is probably the best air flow I'm going to get.
 
The downside is that the PSU is breathing hot CPU air, but almost all cases do this and it does not seem to be a problem.

when I built my custom 4u rackmount case I cut the PSU mount so it would go either way in case I wanted to cut the case side in the future to supply cool air to the AX1200.

but then I folded/mined 100% 24-7 for over 2 years and never had a problem
 
Back
Top