SeaSonic SS-750KM3 work for X99?

jester55

Weaksauce
I am looking to upgrade system in signature to X99. I would like to reuse the 7970 in crossfire and SeaSonic SS-750KM3 power supply.

Will the SeaSonic SS-750KM3 still work well for a X99 setup that includes the 7970s in crossfire?

What about if I decide to upgrade graphics cards to more current SLI/X-Fire cards?

I assume a single card would be fine. Just checking whether I need to upgrade PSU as well.

thanks

Highly depends on your overclocking goals. If you keep everything stock, you'll be fine with SLI/crossfire two top end cards. Overclocking at stock voltages would highly depend on the CPU choice and GPU choice. I wouldn't push it beyond that.

With 7970s and a 6-core X99 CPU, I would keep it at no voltage increase overclocks.

Highly depends on your overclocking goals. If you keep everything stock, you'll be fine with SLI/crossfire two top end cards. Overclocking at stock voltages would highly depend on the CPU choice and GPU choice. I wouldn't push it beyond that.

With 7970s and a 6-core X99 CPU, I would keep it at no voltage increase overclocks.

Ok - I understand. thanks

Can anyone recommend a PSU then? What watt would I need minimum? 850W?

Depends on your overclock ambitions and GPU choice. The 6 and 8 core Intels can suck down more than 300 watts when overclocked with voltage increases, and the Fury X can suck more than 300 watts as well. If you're aiming for aggressive overclocks on top end Intel and GPUs, I would say 1k watts minimum.

Depends on your overclock ambitions and GPU choice. The 6 and 8 core Intels can suck down more than 300 watts when overclocked with voltage increases, and the Fury X can suck more than 300 watts as well. If you're aiming for aggressive overclocks on top end Intel and GPUs, I would say 1k watts minimum.

OK - So are Seasonic, Corsair (rebadged Seasonics), and EVG still the best PSU vendors?
Any recommendation for 1K watt psu?

Corsair RM1000x, EVGA 1050 GS, EVGA 1000 G2, Seasonic X-1050, Cooler Master V1000, XFX P1 1000, EVGA 1000 T2 to name a few.

Back