Sears vip night Nov 11 electronics dept

Spike..

Gawd
I have the "Sears Wish-list" For the post holiday vip night Sale. It is on october 11th between 6-9. Theres a couple excellent deals in here. Keep in mind that they have 2 consecutively running promotions the first is the ultimate football promo which is any tv 40" and up save 150 or get 18 months 0% financing any tv under 40 you get 50 off or 12 months 0% financing and any tv over 50" you get either 250 off or 24 months financing. the second promotion is no interest until 2010 or a 10% cash back with your sears card. You can combine the cash from one and financing from the other but not the cash and cash or financing and financing. For instance on the samsung ht 5044x on page one:
50 inch samsung plasma

starting price: 1200
less 250 football promo
-5% vip bonous
+0% financing till 2010

total= 902

All of the tv's have a 5% vip bonous that will come off automatically when the sale is totaled accessories and the like have a 10% vip bonous. The appliance department has 20% off (i didnt feel like doing the scans on the rest of the flyer as it is 31 pages but if enough ppl are interested post and ill up some more. On some tv's like the 42 toshiba (very nice tv btw) in the fine print it says before _ _ _ in instant savings.

42 1080p Toshiba

Start price: 1599
-350 instant savings
-150 football promo
-5% vip bonous
+0% financing till 2010
total= 1044

Hopefilly this doesn't kill my photobucket account....
scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

scan0003.jpg

Is there anything special you need to bring or is the sale for whomever shows up? I'd really love to pickup a nice huge DLP... /drool

Is there anything special you need to bring or is the sale for whomever shows up? I'd really love to pickup a nice huge DLP... /drool

If you know someone who works there and they give you an invite you can be entered in a drawing to win different prizes, i think they are usually gift cards but I'm sure it varies by location. The 5% 10% and 20% come off automatically after 6:00

edit: also if your looking for a nice dlp look at the 61" samsung thats posted on page 2 it has an led based bulb rated for 20000 hours compared to your average 2000 bulb.

-600 instant savings
-250 football promo
-5%
+0% financing
Total= 1567

the add says almost everything we sell 10% off...

wonder if that includes a PlayStation 3?

the add says almost everything we sell 10% off...

wonder if that includes a PlayStation 3?

I think it is, its a little cut off but look at page 3 on the right hand side. Its listed there.

edit: also call in advance to see if your sears store carries consoles/games in store a lot of the smaller stores do not.

Cool. Just let a mod know about the typo (Oct. vs. Nov.).

Can you rescan or zoom in on the $4 and $6 DVDs? Thanks.

FYI, you have to use a Sears card to qualify for their Ultamite Football promo of instant cash off.

Also, from what they said, gaming hardware was excluded. Need to read the ad to confirm

Can you tell me the model number for that Samsung 46" LCD tv? Is it T4665?

FYI, you have to use a Sears card to qualify for their Ultamite Football promo of instant cash off.

Also, from what they said, gaming hardware was excluded. Need to read the ad to confirm

Dammit I dont want to open up ANOTHER credit card >_<

If anyone here actually watches the markets and national economy I would be holding onto as much cash as you can keep. 2008 is going to be a rough year peeps. Cash is king!

I was about to say the exact same thing....and I live in America!

Not just live in America, but one has to vacation within America to not get ripped off. Go to Europe and your wallet will get raped after the conversion to euro is done. :eek:

If anyone here actually watches the markets and national economy I would be holding onto as much cash as you can keep. 2008 is going to be a rough year peeps. Cash is king!

From what I'm seeing, gold is what to own right now. It's rising faster than the US dollar is dropping.

That said, US currency is looking like a buy right now... but most of us already have everything in that already.

So I spent some time looking at the displays today and our Sears is offering the deal.

So far the best looking displays were the 42 (GV42LF) and 47 (GV47LF) inch visio's, another nice look was the sharp (LC46D434). The sony (KDS50A2020) had decent, if not old, review.

I can't seem to decide what the better deal would be. Price wise i'd be willing to drop 1600ish on a 50+ or 1500ish on a 42+ (thats before all of the gimmick deals they are offering).

So the question is, what is the better display/deal?

(least it gets this back on track)

I haven't been on my comp in a couple of days heres answers to questions.

how do u "get in" or do u have to know someone?

you just head to your sears on november 11th between 6-9

lethal said:
Fixt the title for ya. ;)

thanks!!

beowulf7 said:
Cool. Just let a mod know about the typo (Oct. vs. Nov.).
Can you rescan or zoom in on the $4 and $6 DVDs? Thanks.

im feeling lazy so ill just list em for you the $3.99 dvd's are swat, king kong, mr deeds, into the blue, cindarella man, and Stuart little 2. the 5.99 dvd's are pursuit of happiness, taladega nights, monster house, Davinchi code, Charllots web, the holoday, and because i said so

JohnleMVP said:
Can you tell me the model number for that Samsung 46" LCD tv? Is it T4665?

yep its the Samsung lnt-4665f (good looking lcd) Also check out the Sony KDL-52W3000 if your looking in the 46-50 range. the sony is on a really nice sale atm.

NeoGohan said:
damn I want that toshiba 42 1080p tv :X what model is that?
Its the Toshiba 42HL167

Cultula said:
So I spent some time looking at the displays today and our Sears is offering the deal.

So far the best looking displays were the 42 (GV42LF) and 47 (GV47LF) inch visio's, another nice look was the sharp (LC46D434). The sony (KDS50A2020) had decent, if not old, review.

I can't seem to decide what the better deal would be. Price wise i'd be willing to drop 1600ish on a 50+ or 1500ish on a 42+ (thats before all of the gimmick deals they are offering).

So the question is, what is the better display/deal?

(least it gets this back on track)
It sounds like your looking specifically at lcd's. Personally im not a fan of vizio as all of the experiences i have had with them have been negative. That being said i know there are people out there that really love them and have had great luck with them. If you have gone into the store and like the picture/general quality than there is nothing wrong with going that route. Personally if i were looking at a 50' set, and was planning on keeping it longer than 5 years i would save the extra cash and get something i know will last. On the 42" side you aughto look at the 42 toshiba its 1499 before any discounts and is around 1100 after discounts. also if you are a consumer reports fan they rated it a top set a couple months ago. Also it has my stamp o approval XD, good tv; great price.

whats the discount for the ps3? im in the market forone and the cheapest I found so far is been $484. also are you sure the prices just comeoff? like how do they know its a VIP person there????;)

Do some research before buying the Toshiba... It's probably one of the sets with green push issues. One review said it looked like swimming through scope.

Do some research before buying the Toshiba... It's probably one of the sets with green push issues. One review said it looked like swimming through scope.

Ah crud =\ I'm never gonna find a good HDTV this holiday :(

whats the discount for the ps3? im in the market forone and the cheapest I found so far is been $484. also are you sure the prices just comeoff? like how do they know its a VIP person there????;)

im not 100% sure on consoles it is listed on page 3 so that makes me think yes 10%. and yes i am sure the savings automatically comes off, you just have to be in the store between 6 and 9.

im feeling lazy so ill just list em for you the $3.99 dvd's are swat, king kong, mr deeds, into the blue, cindarella man, and Stuart little 2. the 5.99 dvd's are pursuit of happiness, taladega nights, monster house, Davinchi code, Charllots web, the holoday, and because i said so

Thanks! If I make it out to Sears on Sun. night (not sure if I will), I'll pick up a couple of those DVDs. :)

I have the "Sears Wish-list" For the post holiday vip night Sale. It is on october 11th between 6-9. Theres a couple excellent deals in here. Keep in mind that they have 2 consecutively running promotions the first is the ultimate football promo which is any tv 40" and up save 150 or get 18 months 0% financing any tv under 40 you get 50 off or 12 months 0% financing and any tv over 50" you get either 250 off or 24 months financing. the second promotion is no interest until 2010 or a 10% cash back with your sears card. You can combine the cash from one and financing from the other but not the cash and cash or financing and financing. For instance on the samsung ht 5044x on page one:
50 inch samsung plasma

starting price: 1200
less 250 football promo
-5% vip bonous
+0% financing till 2010

total= 902

All of the tv's have a 5% vip bonous that will come off automatically when the sale is totaled accessories and the like have a 10% vip bonous. The appliance department has 20% off (i didnt feel like doing the scans on the rest of the flyer as it is 31 pages but if enough ppl are interested post and ill up some more. On some tv's like the 42 toshiba (very nice tv btw) in the fine print it says before _ _ _ in instant savings.

42 1080p Toshiba

Start price: 1599
-350 instant savings
-150 football promo
-5% vip bonous
+0% financing till 2010
total= 1044

These deals are a no go guys. I just talked to the "brand central manager" today at the store and he said there are emails going around to all managers about this deal. The will only honor the football deal OR the vip deal, not both.

So its either

$ off promo or 0% financing on the football deal

OR

5% vip cash with ether 10% cash back mir OR 0% financing 2010

Sorry to give the bad news guys, I just don't want anyone running out of their way Sunday night to Sears just to find out that the promotions aren't stackable.:(

These deals are a no go guys. I just talked to the "brand central manager" today at the store and he said there are emails going around to all managers about this deal. The will only honor the football deal OR the vip deal, not both.

So its either

$ off promo or 0% financing on the football deal

OR

5% vip cash with ether 10% cash back mir OR 0% financing 2010

Sorry to give the bad news guys, I just don't want anyone running out of their way Sunday night to Sears just to find out that the promotions aren't stackable.:(

News to me, i was told that as long as they were separate promotions they were stackable. In any case its still not a deal killer that just means you wouldn't get the financing, imho if you need to finance a tv, then the last thing you need is a tv. I know you for sure cant stack the football savings and the 10% cash back, but i have done the savings and financing on many other occasions and had no crap fall on me for it, it may depend on location though i suppose, just keep that in mind when you hit your local sears and you wont be disappointed. In any case ill ask tomorrow and get a second opinion. also thanks for the heads up sparkie, don't want anyone to be disappointed.

balls balls balls. Was looking forward to this. O well. I'll give it a shot and see what happens, but I guess I won't hold my breath. =/

that LG was Rated the Best out of the 37 inch models in consumer Reports
LG 37" LCD HDTV Model # L7LB5D
Excellent on HD, Very good at DVD's, Very good at standard Definition(regular Cable), Very good at sound Quality, Very good on the remote, Very good on the onscreen menu, Very good on viewing angle. 2- component-Video, and 3 HDMI

Other comments:
High Performance and high style at an equally high price.
Overall Score: 75 (Very Good)
Average Price: $1600.00
Resulution is 1920x1080

So how did people make out on this? I didn't get to my local Sears, and I'd like to know if I should be kicking myself for missing out or thankful I didn't waste a trip...

TIA

"That's called stacking and you can't do it" -Sears douche last night.

Luckily, they say they will price match even on Black Friday. So I picked up a 46" Aquous with 36mos no interest.....

Back