• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Search Help

DRJ1014

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Nov 11, 2003
Messages
5,770
search.bmp
this is on the task bar by the time

how do i get rid of this?

i tried add remove programs
i tried searching and deleting

the only way i can get rid of it is to right click on the task bar and go to toolbars and uncheck the check next to search assistant but it comes back when i restart.

how do i get rid of it.
 
I Have Spybot But It Doesnt Find Anything And When It Does It Doesnt Get Rid Of It.
 
DRJ1014 said:
I Have Spybot But It Doesnt Find Anything And When It Does It Doesnt Get Rid Of It.

Is that the name of a book I've never heard of? Geez, why did you capitalize each word like that.......

Anyway, also try AdAware. Often one will catch what the other doesn't.

Anyway, search assistant sounds like something microsoft. I'm afraid I don't know about some of that kind of junk they insist is so great (but only ends up getting in my way) so you'd have to do some searching, probably beginning with their website. I imagine you might start by running a search in your registry for assistant or maybe even search assistant and see what happens.
 
Nazo said:
Is that the name of a book I've never heard of? Geez, why did you capitalize each word like that.......

Anyway, also try AdAware. Often one will catch what the other doesn't.

Anyway, search assistant sounds like something microsoft. I'm afraid I don't know about some of that kind of junk they insist is so great (but only ends up getting in my way) so you'd have to do some searching, probably beginning with their website. I imagine you might start by running a search in your registry for assistant or maybe even search assistant and see what happens.
I Tired The Search And Found Nothing. Spybot Is The Same As Adware. I Downloaded Adware And Will Give It A Try.
 
Why Nazo? Are you Getting Anal On Us? Maybe This Is A Trend. Typing With Two Fingers It Slows Me Down To Five Words A Minute, However. Damn, Trend Or Not, I Quit...because my fingers are getting tired. :D

(It must be a California thing. What do we know? We're just a couple of rednecks.)
 
It Really Doesnt Hurt My Fingers.

But Does Anyone Know How To Get Rid Of It? Anyone Ever Have It Before?
 
We're probably no help because very few of us use IE anymore. Maybe someone will come along who does. Good luck.
 
I Had Mozilla On Here Before I Formated But I Just Love IE. Im Going To Switch Back Over If I Cant Figure This Out. But With Mozilla Windows Update Doesnt Work So Either Way I Will Be Using IE
 
Turn on Autoupdate and you'll never need IE again. Or you can just use Firefox except for the twice weekly update sessions.
 
Autoupdate is bad because sometimes they make hotfixes that not only do you not need, but mess things up. Once I installed a hotfix and it slowed my PC down horribly until I figured out which it was and removed it.

Though I do admit it has the advantage of giving you needed security fixes.
 
I've had it. I have to run Hijack-This to clear the stuff that Adaware and Spybot don't clear. Not for the faint of heart though, you can't just clear everything, you have to look and have an idea what you're looking at with Hijack. So either find the nearest 13 year old or be careful!!

But it's worthwhile. Also, be sure to get all your Microsoft updates from their site. I had a major security problem recently because mine weren't current. Through 2 firewalls and 2 virus programs....ouch!!
 
Nazo said:
Autoupdate is bad because sometimes they make hotfixes that not only do you not need, but mess things up. Once I installed a hotfix and it slowed my PC down horribly until I figured out which it was and removed it.
Note that autoupdate only delivers critical fixes. I've deployed it on corporate scales and have yet to see a problem. Although what you said applies to some of the recommended ones.
 
Back
Top