Search for the perfect case

the@ntipop

Gawd
I'm building a new A64 machine and am reluctantly moving away form the Shuttle form factor due mainly to cost and noise concerns. I haven't built an ATX machine for quite a while and am in the stage of picking a case/PSU. While I realize I'm going to sacrifice on size, I'd still like to get the smallest volume case that still fits a standard ATX mobo. Other requirements I am trying to adhere to are: 2x120mm case fans (front and back); plain, sleek look, preferably black; aluminum case; around $100.

Now the closest I can come to these specifications is the Antec Sonata with a PSU replacement (since the included one doesn't have 24-pin ATX standard plug) although this case is 0.8mm steel. There are a couple Lian-Li cases that come close as well but cost quite a bit more and are generally a few inches bigger. What it boils down to is me searching for an aluminum version of the Antec Sonata without a PSU. Can anyone help me out or point me in a better direction than hunting through Newegg's case selection? Also first-hand experience with any good cases is welcomed.

Back