Seagate RMA

St0ry

n00b
Joined
Oct 20, 2006
Messages
59
So I requested an RMA order from Seagate and today they emailed me the RMA number today. I just have a couple of questions to make sure I do this right.

1. I just mail my hdd to the provided address now?
2. I'm supposed to "Secure each unit in 2-inch thickfoam rubber in a corrugated box. DO NOT USE peanuts, bubble wrap, packing pellets or newspaper." What is a corrugated box and where can I get one?
 
1. I just mail my hdd to the provided address now?
Unless you made arrangements for advance exchange RMA, yes.
2. I'm supposed to "Secure each unit in 2-inch thickfoam rubber in a corrugated box. DO NOT USE peanuts, bubble wrap, packing pellets or newspaper." What is a corrugated box and where can I get one?
A corrugated box is a cardboard box. If you look at the material from the "thin" side you will notice that it has three parts, an outer wall, an inner wall and a "filling":
====outer wall===
wwww filling wwww
=== inner wall ===
 
Back
Top