Seagate Freeagent 1.5TB External HD - $129.99 w/free shipping

I must be seeing things, this external drive actually has a 5 year warranty :eek:

All Seagate HDs have a 5yr warranty. Even the rebranded Maxtors.
Maybe external drives. All internal Maxtor drives have a 3 year warranty. All OEM Seagate drives have a 3 year warranty as well. The only internal ones that have a 5 year warranty are the retail boxed Seagate branded ones.

blew, 1.5 TB via USB... no thanks

You're not going to be running windows or games off of your external hard drive so I don't really understand why you are bitching that it is only going to transfer at 60MB/s instead of the full 80MB/s. Maybe you don't understand technology and just want to complain and be a negative person and just want to be heard.

You're not going to be running windows or games off of your external hard drive so I don't really understand why you are bitching that it is only going to transfer at 60MB/s instead of the full 80MB/s. Maybe you don't understand technology and just want to complain and be a negative person and just want to be heard.

It seems the number of people that are like this is growing on [H].

When are people going to stop posting deals about this hard drive that are NOT [H]ot!!!!

Internal or external, until this drive gets down around $100 it is not a hot deal at all. I still think it is pathetic that 1TB drives still retail for more than $100.

You're not going to be running windows or games off of your external hard drive so I don't really understand why you are bitching that it is only going to transfer at 60MB/s instead of the full 80MB/s..
Not to nitpick but USB hard drive transfer speeds typically range between 25 to 30 MByte/sec (in one direction).

When are people going to stop posting deals about this hard drive that are NOT [H]ot!!!!

Internal or external, until this drive gets down around $100 it is not a hot deal at all. I still think it is pathetic that 1TB drives still retail for more than $100.

You apparently did not read the title of the thread before posting this... This is a 1.5TB drive... not a 1TB drive. And if you compare pricing between a 1TB and a 1.5TB. The cents per GB ratio is the same.

On GREAT sale 1TB drives get to what? $79.99? that's ends up being about $.08 per GB
This drive (A 1.5TB drive) ends up being about $.09 per GB.

But the average sale price of a 1TB drive is about $89.99 which is $.09 per GB. Which if you really wanted to get technical the 1.5TB ends up cheaper because I rounded up from .08666 to 9. With the $89.99 1TBs, I had to round up from .08999.

But if you also look at the drive posted here, you'll see it's an external drive. Which means you're also getting an external enclosure along with the hard drive. Whereas the 1TB drives I was comparing to you do not. If you REALLY wanted, you could gut this thing, and use the drive as an internal drive, and toss some other hard drive into the enclosure for spare use.

So there's a definite value for this deal which makes it maybe not "Hot" but "Warm"

Back