• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Seagate Barracuda probs

Circuitbreaker8

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jul 22, 2004
Messages
5,078
Hey guys, I have a little problem. My storage HDD ( Seagate Barracuda 80Gb 7,200k RPM 8mb Cache ) is feeling a little...slow. Loading levels seems to take FOREVER! Not to mention i'm literally MISSING 15Gb of space. Right now, I only have 28.4gb left on that HDD, but all the files in it total 30Gb....So where is the rest? Should I format the HDD?
 
1) Save everything you want on that drive (move it to another drive).
2) Reformat the drive using fdisk or a program such as PQ Magic. :)
3) Reinstall drive and it should good as new.
 
paparodent said:
1) Save everything you want on that drive (move it to another drive).
2) Reformat the drive using fdisk or a program such as PQ Magic. :)
3) Reinstall drive and it should good as new.

Thats gonna be tough...I have Far Cry, Doom 3, Half Life 2, DC, BF1942....and some...other..stuff...<.<...on that HDD..i'll give it a try though..
 
Buy a new drive, back it all up, RMA. They're really good about RMAing any disk in my experience. New drives are only $100 or so. It's a worthwhile investment.
 
I have this exact "problem" too. I even have the same amount of GB used and free as the topic poster (give or take a few GB). And yeah, I am missing 14gb aswell. I really have no where to back up my games either, because just like the topic poster, I have almost all of those games and think formating is too much. I really could care less about the 14gb. I just want to know what is taking it up.
 
Back
Top