Seagate Barracuda LP ST31500541AS 1.5TB + Thermaltake BlacX Enclosure $85.99 Shipped

damn it just bought a 1tb drive for $78 without the enclosure.
I think I might have to bite again... blah.

So tempting. I am looking for some extra drives for my WHS box. To order 3 or not to order 3...

The Samsung F3 1TB for $76 and the Suamsung F3EG 2TB for $165 with dock are better deals IMHO

Lot of B&M'ing in those reviews over at the Egg. Anyone in the know will realize that most/all HD companies are not going to send you a brand new drive back from a RMA, even if the bad drive was one day old. And you usually always pay shipping back one direction. No reason to knock Newegg down 4 eggs over that. Take many of the rest with a grain of salt.

Lot of B&M'ing in those reviews over at the Egg. Anyone in the know will realize that most/all HD companies are not going to send you a brand new drive back from a RMA, even if the bad drive was one day old. And you usually always pay shipping back one direction. No reason to knock Newegg down 4 eggs over that. Take many of the rest with a grain of salt.

it's a review of the product, not Newegg, and it doesn't take anyone "in the know" to hear the dreaded click of death...

I bought two retail 2 TB LP's and couldn't be happier. Dunno if there's much difference in the 1.5TB vs. 2TB.....

Back