Seagate Barracuda 7200.10, 320GB, $94.99 @ NEWEGG

Chris583

Limp Gawd
A really sexy drive... Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM. Its on newegg for 10$ instant saving making this drive and even better deal. Super fast, super quiet, and relatively inexpensive. This new technology is hawt.

Did I mention Free Three Day Shipping on this item too :)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16822148140

Use the buybarracuda promotion code for an extra 5$ off!
currently 89.99$ After code!!!

Damn they keep tempting me with that. They must have bought a crapload of them becuase it has been of free shipping special for 2 weeks and keeps going down in price. For a week it was just free shipping. The past week it has been $5 off with Free Shipping, now its ti is $10 off and still Free Shipping.

I know this because I have been very tempted snce it first was reported with Free shipping at $104, but I am saving my movey for other upgrades and just don't need this. Still, a great price just keeps getting better. I think I am eventually going to kick myself for passing on this.

I think I might order this real soon, I was going to order mass of stuff from newegg once Conroe released, but by than the deal might be gone and I would be kicking myself for 20$ or so I could have saved on a great drive.

Very nice! If these things keep dropping in price like they have been, they'll be giving them away in a year. ;)

Back up to $99...figures, I had just decided to order and the price changed. Still a great deal, but I really don't need it.

Tae said:
Back up to $99...figures, I had just decided to order and the price changed. Still a great deal, but I really don't need it.

im moving up from a single 80 gig 2mb cache IDE Seagate HDD. I cant wait! Needless to say, i NEEDED IT!

quietRiot said:
im moving up from a single 80 gig 2mb cache IDE Seagate HDD. I cant wait! Needless to say, i NEEDED IT!

LOL. I just replaced a 160 gb drive with a 300 gb drive in March, that is in addition to a 200 gb drive. So I am sitting with 500 gb. I want a terabyte and two of these drives would do it, but I really don't need a terabyte when I am building new PC.

Thing is, my drives are IDE, so that is why this was tempting, a nice move to SATA.

Tae said:
LOL. I just replaced a 160 gb drive with a 300 gb drive in March, that is in addition to a 200 gb drive. So I am sitting with 500 gb. I want a terabyte and two of these drives would do it, but I really don't need a terabyte when I am building new PC.

Thing is, my drives are IDE, so that is why this was tempting, a nice move to SATA.

wouldnt be a bad move to put the windows partition on the sata, keep storage on the IDE

TheBluePill said:
New Egg also has the 250GB Version of this drive for $79

careful, though, because it only has 8mb cache. i noticed the same thing when i looked on newegg a while ago. almost bit until i saw the cache, then went for the 320

Yeah bought two of these when they were $99. Very good deals for really nice drives.

Edit: apparently its back up to $99?

i got one of these over the weekend fot 99 and just ordered another for my friend at 94.

This is a good drive for the price.

blackpacu said:
i got one of these over the weekend fot 99

Me too, i have it but I'm waiting for the rest of my new rig to try it out. Perpendicular Recording Technology seems like it'll be awesome

I have a question? Why are there so many friking hot deals threads for hard drives. Dont get me wrong, this looks like a great deal, but why are there so many?

Everyone is always looking :), more space is always a good thing.

well i Jumped on it. first time doing that with no boner. nut lots a room fer pron is always good. too bad my MB is only SATA 150 tho.

has anyone gotten a bad drive yet cause mine aint right
so im gonna call the egg when they open

Great deal, I just got one for a client a few days ago and paid $5 more.

It's an OEM drive so remember no SATA cable or fancy packaging.

Also if you order the drive be aware that although it's an SATA II drive (3.0GB/s) it ships with the SATA I compatability jumper in place. If you're using it on a controller/mobo that's SATA II capable, be sure and pull this jumper off. :)

flynlr said:
well i Jumped on it. first time doing that with no boner. nut lots a room fer pron is always good. too bad my MB is only SATA 150 tho.

The performance difference is pretty much neglibible anyways. :)

Jumped on this and have it up and running. A marked improvement over my Maxtor 10 drive.

Doc

quietRiot said:
wouldnt be a bad move to put the windows partition on the sata, keep storage on the IDE

My brother just bought one of these drives and he's had nothing but problems trying to clone his Windows partition from his IDE drive to the new SATA drive. Stupid Microsoft.
Stupid Asus. Or is is stupid Seagate? :p

In any case, these are great drives at a great price!

haha the price is back up another $5. i'm glad i bought 2 when they were $95 :)

infiniti029 said:
haha the price is back up another $5. i'm glad i bought 2 when they were $95 :)

cmon now, you know its not that big of a deal. of course, on forums, its all about getting a better deal and shoving it in other people's faces....in a round-about kinda way
:p

Thanx I bit.. I dunno why but i guess ill raid my raptors and use this as a mp3/storage drive

look up to the top of this forum sticky "=>NEWEGG.COM HOT Deals - 320GB Hard Drive for $94.99!*" deals of the week... they have this 320GB Drive with a 5$ off coupon meaning....

people this drive is back to 95$! :)

I bought one of these beauties about two weeks ago from Newegg (for $110) and I love it :D

Chris583 said:
look up to the top of this forum sticky "=>NEWEGG.COM HOT Deals - 320GB Hard Drive for $94.99!*" deals of the week... they have this 320GB Drive with a 5$ off coupon meaning....

people this drive is back to 95$! :)
Ya

Use promo code: buybarracuda and get $5 bucks off

thanx guys cancelled my order and re-ordered it for additional 5 bucks off.. yea yea im a cheapo :p

"weekend sale" takes it back to $94.99... and still free shipping! can anyone say yo-yo????

wickywicky said:
"weekend sale" takes it back to $94.99... and still free shipping! can anyone say yo-yo????
And the $5 off promo code still works, bringing the price down to a new low of $89.99 shipped

$5 off promo code = buybarracuda

i rma'd my bad drive for refund then order replacement for $5 less and had to cancel that so i could get it for another $5 off so $96 after tax

SJetski71 said:
And the $5 off promo code still works, bringing the price down to a new low of $89.99 shipped

$5 off promo code = buybarracuda

Yea that got me to buy a second one, so I got one at $94 and one at $89. I am sucker if I think I am getting a deal.

Back