Seagate Barracuda 1TB $54.99

So want to jump on this, then I remember how my last drives from Newegg were packaged.

Never, ever had a had drive from the Egg *not* come in a box or ~2-3" of bubble wrap.

I will never buy another HD from NE.no packing, not worth a busted drive.

This is a good deal on a HD though.

My HD was packed pretty good. Couple layers of bubble wrap, in a tight packed box.

My 2Tb Spinpoint came yesterday & was wrapped like a champ in 3 layers of bubble wrap. UPS was kind enough to smash the box up, though.

yep all of my spinpoint F4's came packed inside small boxes with bubble and than placed in a bigger box with paper. Definitely an acceptable method of packing.

I swear packing complaints are always all over the map, and I've had people snap on me for packing that in most people's eyes would be considered reasonable. Some people are just packing Nazis.

Now I'm not saying NE doesn't screw around, because they very well might. But this might explain some of the huge disparity...

I wish newegg would post up number of platters in the detailed specifications...googling is sooooooo much work

It is odd to see all the nightmare stories about newegg's packing. I've gotten about 7 oem drives over the last year and they are always anti static bag inside tightly wrapped bubble wrap, inside more bubble wrap, inside peanuts, inside a box.

Well, Newegg actually had a short period of time where they were a bit slack for packaging hard drives. They've improved since then. It's just left a horrible taste in a lot of people's mouths.

Well, Newegg actually had a short period of time where they were a bit slack for packaging hard drives. They've improved since then. It's just left a horrible taste in a lot of people's mouths.

You sure it was a short period? It seem like a few years more like it.

They have gotten a lot better though not entirely.

I order a bunch of drives the past few months. All of them are bubble wrapped and place inside a small white box and then double box however half the time they are sitting on the bottom of the 2nd box and the other half just barely. But at least it is not as bad as before they double box the drives.

Packaging has always been excellent on my purchases from NE and they deliver fast on the free shipping.

Back