Seagate 500gb Info: Drive Difference

M a d c o w

Limp Gawd
I just installed my Seagate 500gb / SATA. I have 2 other sata seagate's 160gb each. When i installed the 500gb it created it's drive " F ", in sequence :

Local Disc ( C ) <!!~~ font color / BLACK
Local Disc ( E ) <!!~~ font color / BLACK
Local Disc ( F ) <!!~~ font color / BLUE

Im just curious how did Drive " F " turned into blue fonts ? Is that normal. I mean i transferred some files already into Drive F and seems to be working ok. What caused this writing to be in BLUE Fonts. Suggestions ?

Thanks in advance

Bones

Thanks for the reply . Im not sure if it is or or not if the compression is turned or not. Whats the route to make that font color normal ( Black )

Bones

Thanks for the reply . Im not sure if it is or or not if the compression is turned or not. Whats the route to make that font color normal ( Black )

Move the data off the drive. Then, from My Computer: Right click, format. Make sure "Enable Compression" is not checked.

Having your drive compressed doesn't harm anything. If you want to squeeze a few extra GBs out of it, why not do it?

Blue does indicate compression is probably turned on, see if you can get to the properties of the drive by right-clicking on the drive letter in Windows Explorer, should be a checkbox at the bottom that says "Compress drive to save disk space". If it's checked, uncheck it.

Back