Seagate 160GB SATA $29 @ Compusa

can't get the discount online you have to buy it in store, so each store probably has two, and both will be hidden by employees and sold to friends.

CompUSA said:
CompUSA is spreading the holiday cheer with special daily savings on select In-Store only products. Every day until Christmas we¹ll unwrap a new offer! Visit this page and then visit your local CompUSA store to take advantage of these exciting holiday offers.
So if possible, it might be prudent to edit the title to reflect that this is a deal for B&M stores only. ;) Sweet find!

thanx op!, nice find hope i can wrestle one away from the moron that always seems to help me when I go there.

Further the deal is after MIR, in the future please post all the details.

$109.99 - $20 instant savings - $60 eRebate + tax

Valid 12/13/06 .. today only .. who the hell knows, there's no link to the MIR on that specials page.

The SKU for the drive is: 337570
http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp!!!!!!!cj&pfp=srch1&Ntt=337570&N=0&Dx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&D=337570&Ntk=All&product_code=337570

There's also no MIR on that link, either.

meh

I'd bet the rebate is the type that prints at the register with your receipt. I would also bet that this deal will be snapped up by the employees and no one will actually be able to get one unless you are standing outside the door when they open.

the deal works online. also the $20 instant savings is deducted as well. awesome price, but i dont need it :)

It's not really a mail in rebate, the erebate is online and it's guaranteed to get refunded in 4-6 weeks. if you have any problems you can stop by a local compusa and go to customer service and they can tell you the status on it

Bought two, in-store. Different addresses and payment methods. They look to be 7200.9 drives.

Using different addresses and payment methods, I bought two HDs in-store. Both forms filled out quick and easy with their online system (erebates.compusa.com).

Time to setup a Matrix Raid on my p5b-e.

The model number of the box and the drive don't match.

The box has the part number ST3160812AS-RK. (RK: Retail Kit)

The drive has the part number ST3160811AS.

Visit http://www.seagate.com/products/details/0,,4,00.html to see Seagate's listing of the part numbers as different drives.

You can also visit http://www.seagate.com/support/kb/disc/howto/interpret_model.html to learn how to interpret what the part number means. The guide implies a 1MB storage size difference, but there's a lot more going on than that.

Looking at the product descriptions of the two drives (Box's # --- Actual HD's #) you see many differences between the two.

WTF is going on?

just ordered one.

I think that the retail kit refers to the boxed drives that come with mounting stuff and cables. The drive inside just has the drive serial because they use the same drive for oem and retail.

That deal is dead. Today's deal is:

$199 Fuji FinePix F650 Digital Camera, 6.0 Megapixels

purple_haze said:
thanks but no thanks, got screwed over by compusa tons of times on the rebate crap

Double agreed. You guys be sure and update this post 3-6 months from now with your rebate status.

I went and picked up one last night just before CompUSA closed - very good deal, and I have always received my CompUSA rebates. Then I headed over to BestBuy and got them to price-match for another one :D :D
That is interesting to see there is a discrepancy on the model numbers. I'll have to check that out on both drives when I get home today.
Thanks to the OP for letting us know.

Back