Seagate 1 TB $190 @ BestBuy (B&M only)

Heck yeah. I thought they already did this deal a weak ago. These are the .11 drives. I wonder why so many sales already ....Oh well. Enjoy!! I can't complain that BBY wants to be a little more competitive on the components side of it. We have had ram on reasonably priced sales for the last few weeks in my store, including video card sales, and all those computer case sales. Hope they keep up the trend. If so, they'll see more of my dollars....

This is old stock with old firmware that causes cache not to be read. Numerous stories of BB trying to clear these old drives out. I bought one with Manufacture date Oct 2007 also causes a warranty problem with Seagate. If you buy these open in the store and check to see if it is the latest firmware revision. You do not want to go home and waste your time seeing these drives have problems and updating the firmware yourself.

What's involved in updating the firmware? I've never done it for a hd, but my dvd-r went smoothly.

I double checked and mine has what appears to be the latest AD14 firmware, but yes if you don't need storage right now you will find hotter deals in ~7 months. :eek:

I double checked and mine has what appears to be the latest AD14 firmware, but yes if you don't need storage right now you will find hotter deals in ~7 months. :eek:

7 months... that's over half a year. All hardware is going to change prices in that amount of time. Look what's happened the past 7 months.

Damnit..... no deal like that around here. I just called up 2 stores that are about 30mins from me since the local one showed it had none. I was quoted at $260ea at both stores.

I ordered 12 of these from Best Buy exactly 1 month ago, they are still on back order today.

Damnit..... no deal like that around here. I just called up 2 stores that are about 30mins from me since the local one showed it had none. I was quoted at $260ea at both stores.

I just picked one up yesterday. The tag on the shelf had the regular price (maybe it was $259 - I don't recall) but it rang up at $189.

I just picked one up yesterday. The tag on the shelf had the regular price (maybe it was $259 - I don't recall) but it rang up at $189.

Thanks for the heads up but a 60+ mile round trip with gas at $3.60/gal to possibly find out that it isn't $189..... meh that is a [H]ard decision, prolly not worth it in the end.

Back