Gawd
PD-205.gif

MYMUSIX PD-205
manufacture's link
It has a backlight and it uses 1 AAA battery lasts about 15 hours

333 in stock

looks very interesting as SD cards are VERY cheap
http://www.consumerdepot.com/products.asp?id=PD-205R
$12.50 shipped..iv got some spare SD cards lying around so im thinking ill give this a shot..for $10 what have i got to loose

for comparison to how HAWT this is, radioshack is selling it witha 1gb sd card for $100 - http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2104210&cp

oh, and slickdeals had a thread on it last month when it was $9..people seemed to like it http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=201937

BEWARE!!!

Last time this deal was around I bought one and received a defective product... it seems you had about a 50/50 chance of getting a good one in working condition... it wasn't worth the hastle to send it back so I just took the loss but I just wanted to give fair warning...

VoodooChi|d said:
BEWARE!!!

Last time this deal was around I bought one and received a defective product... it seems you had about a 50/50 chance of getting a good one in working condition... it wasn't worth the hastle to send it back so I just took the loss but I just wanted to give fair warning...

on the link given by the OP there were more then a few warnings- this company has a BAD customer service record. So it's a roll the dice type deal for sure. You may roll a lucky seven, or you may crap out. JSYK........

also, i REALLY don't like how they will NOT let you add more then one to the shopping cart. :mad:

VoodooChi|d said:
Last time this deal was around I bought one and received a defective product... it seems you had about a 50/50 chance of getting a good one in working condition...
I bought 8 or 9 of these (priced from $0.99 to $6.99) from CD last year and all worked. I did get one bad cable though.

I'd buy more but I don't need any. ;) These players are pretty cool for the price.

pxc said:
I bought 8 or 9 of these (priced from $0.99 to $6.99) from CD last year and all worked. I did get one bad cable though.

I'd buy more but I don't need any. ;) These players are pretty cool for the price.
Wanna send me one? :p

copied from slickdeals:
http://www.consumerdepot.com is a well-known scammer, including their various eBay incarnations, with a long list of complaints against them for knowingly selling defective merchandise.

They have 163 complaints with the Tennessee BBB for selling defective merchandise and most of them are still unresolved. Other complaints at ripoffreport.com and www.resellerratings.com

It is obvious from reading their eBay feedback for their multiple seller accounts that defective merchandise is a problem, and RMAs are not handled judiciously:

bargaindepot04 (460 negative feedback in last month)
surplusdealz05 (58 negative feedback in the last month)
returndealz04 (27 negative feedback in last month)
swdiscounters (14 negative feedback in last month)

i found some 32mb mp3 players with LCD's at compusa for $8.75 on the clerance rack, they work pretty good and can handle up to a 512mb sd card, it was definetly a local/one store only thing though because i checked another store. i ended up buying three of them. 2 are still in their boxes though.

vibe said:
copied from slickdeals:
I've placed 9 orders (32 items) from consumer depot in the last 6 months or so (mid-8/2005-present). I've been very happy with CD. Some of the deals are incredible. My experience with notes of anything bad:

order 1:
Gamecube Metroid Prime bundle $49.99
Half-Life 2 retail $0.99 x 2
Sims 2 DVD retail $9.99

order 2:
Sims 2 DVD retail $0.99
Half-Life 2 retail $7.99
Rollercoaster 2 retail $0.99

order 3:
MyMusix MP3 $4.99
Sims 2 DVD retail $7.99

order 4:
MyMusix MP3 $4.99
Mystery Box $1.05 <--- cell phone cases and chargers, 3 new items, 4 open box items
NYKO Air Flo EX $2.99 <-- broken, replaced by the manufacturer under warranty

order 5:
MyMusix MP3 $3.99
Barbie Analog Alarm Clock $0.99
Need for Speed Underground $0.99
Sims 2 DVD retail $7.99

order 6:
MyMusix MP3 $4.99
Pinnacle Instant Copy retail $0.99
Sims 2 DVD retail $9.99
MyMusix MP3 $3.99 <-- headphones were damaged

order 7:
MyMusix MP3 $2.99
SANDISK 1GB SD Card $29.99
Sims 2 DVD retail $9.99
MyMusix MP3 $3.99

order 8:
Sims 2 DVD retail $9.99
MyMusix MP3 $2.99
MyMusix MP3 $3.99

order 9:
MyMusix MP3 $0.99
MyMusix MP3 $4.99 <-- bad usb cable :(
Sims 2 DVD retail $9.99

I guess I bought 11 of those MyMusix players. :p I gave away most of them.

CD's shipping is a little high. The minimum i was charged per order was around $8, typically around $10-11.

I picked up one of these from CD quite awhile ago. Make sure you email their support line to get the latest firmware for it with the associated "settings" program. This mp3 player doesn't have any memory so it always starts up on the same song and all settings are lost. The only way to get a certain set of settings from power on to power on is through the updated firmware and settings program.

My player has had some strange problems with it sometimes not turning on or turning off but all it usually takes is to reset the battery.

Got mine, works great but for some reason I have to go to menu to turn it off, way worth the 12$ spent.

Ordered! Thanks! Will be perfect to bring on the boat and to the beach when I don't want to chance getting salt water on my Ipaq.

i think i got the last one.... it had quanity available of 1..lets see if i get it!

edit:: just check still says 1

we will see

Just bought mine as well and hoping that it works. Even if it doesn't I mean for $5 dollars can you really complain? Just sell it as a Christmas Gift to a uncle or cousin that you don't like.

vibe said:
http://www.consumerdepot.com is a well-known scammer, including their various eBay incarnations, with a long list of complaints against them for knowingly selling defective merchandise.

They have 163 complaints with the Tennessee BBB for selling defective merchandise and most of them are still unresolved. Other complaints at ripoffreport.com and www.resellerratings.com

It is obvious from reading their eBay feedback for their multiple seller accounts that defective merchandise is a problem, and RMAs are not handled judiciously:

bargaindepot04 (460 negative feedback in last month)
surplusdealz05 (58 negative feedback in the last month)
returndealz04 (27 negative feedback in last month)
swdiscounters (14 negative feedback in last month)

annaconda said:
Not bad for $5

true and true

Thats funny says its in stock when i just went there I just got mine and its a nice little player ive been having problems with the firmware could only update it to the 1.00.18 so it will play VBR mp3s and allow folder but was unable to update to 1.00.20 that allows your setting to be saved but its still a great little player im buying another one right now.

i have it, its cheap, it uses AAA batteries and SD cards which is a requirement for me. The EQ settings aren't so good, but what do you expect out of a cheap mp3 player. I really like the folder browsing because thats how i store my music on my pc and put it on my card. i just wish that it would let you change what ID3 info it shows (i would like to see the artist too)

If you remove the id3 tag it will show the filename then it will show the artist.

Just got mine, everything works, awesome! Great MP3 player for the boat/beach when you don't want to chance ruining your good one.

Thanks for sharing the good deal.

i got mine several days ago for my mom, its a cool liittle mp3 player. did everything flawlessly with the two firmware updates. its so simple i didn't have to explain to my mom how to use it. not bad for 12 bucks.

how do i update the firm ware

it wont let me transfer music onto the card. and i have 2 so its not the cards fault.

EDIT

wont let me transfer the firmware onto the card either. wont let me format it to fat or fat 32 either. is hte player broken?

EDIT

i poped in my sandisk one bakc in and it works i can drag and drop but no firm ware upgrade yet.

the 2 kingston cards didnt work probabaly because theres 2 missing folders in the card that my sandisk has. ( DCIM MISC and SYSTEM). i cant copy it onto the card i dont know why i will just swap them both out.

amdownzintel said:
Just sell it as a Christmas Gift to a uncle or cousin that you don't like.

That's a lucky family you have that has to buy their gifts from you.

I would put the card into a card reader and format it. I copy all of my files to the root of the card including the firmware and settings (which I have set to readonly) file.

Back