SD card recommendations for DSLR?

hungryduck

[H]ard|Gawd
I've been enjoying my nikon d40 for the past few weeks, however, I'm still using the old Sandisk 1GB I had sitting in my drawer. What do you guys recommend for an SD card.
I'm considering:

4GB Sandisk Ultra II
4GB Sandisk Extreme III
8GB Transcend (Priced at 40 bucks on amazon.....but seems like a sketchy brand)

Mainly I just want something reliable. I shoot mostly JPEG fine at 6.1mp on my D40. Speed isn't a huge issue for me, so I'm leaning towards the 4GB Sandisk Ultra II for its attractive price and performance.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Trandscend is far from sketchy. I've use their system memory and media flash , it's been stable and works with no problems.

I love the Extreem serries from Sandisc, very fast and storing images, but if you dont do a lot of rapid shooting you might not need it. They also come with free data recovery software if the card gets messed up. (at least they have for a few years)

I personally would use 2 2gig cards. Shooting Jpegs, you should get 400 or so pics on a 2gig.
I don't really like to have all of my eggs in one basket.

Trandscend is far from sketchy. I've use their system memory and media flash , it's been stable and works with no problems.

good to know

I think I'm going to grab two 4gb Sandisk Ultra II's....I'm going to be traveling for a month this summer in asia and won't have access to a computer or anything to upload shots...

just buy one of these. they cost $50 each, but when you buy one, you get $30 back. when you buy two, get $70 back, and when you buy three, you get $110 back. (note: the rebate is only redeemable at the original point of purchase)
so at the end, you could end up with 12GB for $40. ;)

Microcenter has a 4gb Extreme III + card reader for $50.

Back