SD card reccomendations...

xFROSTx

2[H]4U
Joined
Jun 8, 2001
Messages
2,984
Ok, I need to buy a 512meg SD card (for a canon sd400) and I was told to get a fast one to keep up with a camera when doing video recording and fast shooting (which is pretty much all I do). My question is what is a "fast" SD card. I believe the review said I should get at 60x SD card. I would like to keep this as cheap as possible but I don't want something as trivial as the card be the bottleneck for the camera. What brand would you reccomend or better yet a newegg link would be fantastic.
 
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820211315

I *think* that 150x is currently the fastest SD card available. Yesterday, I ordered the exact same card but in 1 GB format off of ebay. Oddly enough, it is for my SD400 too. I'm sure I'll test it out a bit when it gets here, so I can make another post if you like.

In the first two reviews, the people mention they bought it for their SD400 as well.
 
tys90 said:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820211315

I *think* that 150x is currently the fastest SD card available. Yesterday, I ordered the exact same card but in 1 GB format off of ebay. Oddly enough, it is for my SD400 too. I'm sure I'll test it out a bit when it gets here, so I can make another post if you like.

In the first two reviews, the people mention they bought it for their SD400 as well.


Perfect, thanks buddy. BTW, how do you like your sd400?
 
It's also in the mail :). Should have everything by the end of the week (hopefully).
 
Back
Top