Scythe or Yate Loon

Did you check there specs Dba levels and Cfm levels?

Yate Loons
Real Silent, only 29 dB(A)
High airflow level, 62 CFM

Scythe
Sound- 26.58dba
Air flow 61.30

Looks like the scythe will be quieter for you... Hope that helps

Yeah, but sometimes it's misleading. I couldn't really find any good reviews either. Will keep looking.

Ugh just found the Scythe doesn't have 140mm mount holes. Useless.

That seems to be an unfortunate trend these days. Gone are the classic 140MM mounting holes and what we have are 120MM mounting holes with an ~140MM fan blade. It's annoying that you must employ additional mounting hardware to use their fans.

Remember dBA is a logarithmic, not linear scale. The different between 29 and 26.58 is actually much higher than you think.

Well we'll see how it is. Cheap enough that I ordered the Yate Loon. Why can't they make the Scythe S-Flex in 140mm? I have 2 of the 120mm and they are very quiet.

Well we'll see how it is. Cheap enough that I ordered the Yate Loon. Why can't they make the Scythe S-Flex in 140mm? I have 2 of the 120mm and they are very quiet.

You wont be disapointed in the yate loons, i think they are the best fan makers out there IMO.

Why can't they make the Scythe S-Flex in 140mm?
Scythe makes "Kama Flex" (which have a S-FDB just like the S-Flex) fans in 135mm, which have 140mm-fan mounting holes. They come in 800, 1200, and 1600 RPM flavors.

No idea why Scythe chose 135mm… I agree that they should just make straight-up 140mm fans and quit goofing around with 135mm and 140mm-in-120mm frame. Noctua, too.

Thanks for that rsquared. Little much than I want to pay for a fan right now. They also weren't available at the vendor I was buying from at the time. But I'll keep it in mind. Thanks.

If noise is an issue you can get fan controllers. I know it's not for everyone but i'm just suggesting :)

Yeah. I'm not sure I'm for that. I found out that these 140mm fans are way larger than I expected. And currently I can only install 1 because the 2nd hits the 212+ I have.So with the 1 running at default fan speed it's definitely noticeable.

Yeah. I'm not sure I'm for that. I found out that these 140mm fans are way larger than I expected. And currently I can only install 1 because the 2nd hits the 212+ I have.So with the 1 running at default fan speed it's definitely noticeable.

Did you order the 25mm thick one or a 38mm, Also yate loon makes three speeds of fans low medium and high.

I have 3 120mm x 25mm fans and 1 120mm x 20mm thick fans. Even with the side off of the case they are inaudible along with a 140mm fan and 2 120 mm fans those 3 are made by nzxt.

Did you order the 25mm thick one or a 38mm, Also yate loon makes three speeds of fans low medium and high.

I have 3 120mm x 25mm fans and 1 120mm x 20mm thick fans. Even with the side off of the case they are inaudible along with a 140mm fan and 2 120 mm fans those 3 are made by nzxt.

This was the actual fan I ordered

http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...oduct_info&cPath=36_316_848&products_id=20771

25mm. I bought from there because it was cheap and UPS ground was overnight because he's in my state.

Picked the medium fan which is 1400rpm. My other Scythe fans are 1200 rpm. It's definitely the loudest thing in my case when everything is idle. Especially because its on the side panel.

I'm not sure if it's a huge concern of mine. I could pick up one of the 1000rpm yate loons but I'm not sure if I want to take the CFM hit. Cheap enough that I might pick one up anyway.

Got to say......

the only fan I have ever had just plain stop working was/were two 120mm Yate Loons.....real, actual Yates, not the ones that were/are made by someone else.:eek:

I only buy Sythe now......rarely CoolerMaster.:D

I ordered 5 yate loon 120mm fans and 1 140mm fan from jabtech 6 months ago. After 3 months all of the 120mm fans started to rattle. They always rattle on cold boots for about 10 minutes then go silent. Ironicly the only fan without problems was the 140, which isn't even mounted properly (horizontal)

Performance prices and shipping are always higher than everyone else.....
I guess its due to the inventory they have, but they are pretty pricey at times, even compared to FrozenCpu.

Better prices but less inventory = Jabtech or Sidewinder.

Its' the same price everywhere. Newegg, Amazon, FrozenCpu.

Jabtech doesn't even have it.

I'm sure I'll pick one up eventually. Just not right now. I do love the Scythe fans though.

I ordered 5 yate loon 120mm fans and 1 140mm fan from jabtech 6 months ago. After 3 months all of the 120mm fans started to rattle. They always rattle on cold boots for about 10 minutes then go silent. Ironicly the only fan without problems was the 140, which isn't even mounted properly (horizontal)

Did you relube the 120's? My nzxt 140mm fan started rattling so i put a few drops of lube and it quit.

The 2 Yate-Loon D12SM-12's are the loudest part of my build, and they are not unpleasing. They make a deeper sounding noise that sits on the edge of my awareness.

Edit: I really want to swap out all 3 of my 120mm fans for GT's though.

The ONLY place to get Yates are from Petra's Tech shop. I recently got some yates from almost all the major US distros, and Petra's Yates were the only ones that were quite.

I got these for the price of one GT :D

img0777ej.jpg

The ONLY place to get Yates are from Petra's Tech shop. I recently got some yates from almost all the major US distros, and Petra's Yates were the only ones that were quite.

Yes, quite... quite indeed.

Back