Scythe Ninja and a Socket A/370?

raleigh29

n00b
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
27
I know its overkill but will a Ninja fit an old Socket A/370 AMD processor? Jab-tech.com lists it under socket A coolers, but looking at the documentation it never mentions socket A/370.

If it wont work, can anyone recommend a quiet/passive Socket A cooler that would also fit LGA775? Its a long story and I dont want to get into it.
 
Depends on thermal rating, the highest rated socket A was ~ 77W (XP3200+ / Sempron 3300+)

Socket 370 was much lower, I ran a stock XP2800+ cooler on a S370 - P3-733 and it was pretty close to case temperature.

Whats the ratings for LGA775?
 
IT WONT WORK, DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID


yea.. I bought the ninja for an am2 rig i was building for someone, and when it didnt fit on that I thought maybe it would work on my machine, no luck. With some very customized engineering you may be able to get it to work, but they have the the distances and the forces from the tie down clips engineered to certain specs, which would be nearly impossible to replicate imo. The universal retention kit didnt work either... go figure.. guess they should change the name... sorta-universal. so.. if anyone wants a ninja at a good price...pm me
 
Back
Top