• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

SCSI Ultra320 80pin

dasoldier

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 29, 2005
Messages
185
Not knowing much about scsi drives I was wondering if I could use just one of these drives in a computer with SCSI Ultra320 80pin pci controller or do you have to configure them in raid?

this is the drive I'm looking at

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822116150

also will any SCSI Ultra 320 pci raid controller card work? I'm wanting to improve response time on a server. (that hosts tons of small files that why the 36gig will be sufficent).

Thanks for reading
 
Unless you need hotswap and want to invest in a backplane or SCA adapters, you want this drive. Please don't buy SCSI drives on Newegg, ZZF and HyperMicro are much better SCSI HDD dealers. ZZF in particular does a better job of packing/shipping the drives, and in this case, they are $36.99 cheaper :eek: The Maxtor Atlas 15K II Clicky delivers better server performance than the MAU, but is more expensive and runs hotter. I'd stick with the Fujitsu unless you need the absolure fastest random access possible.

As for controllers, the Adaptec 19160/29160 and roughly equivalent LSI boards are thrown out frequently as great HBAs for SLED setups.
 
You can run a single drive but for a server you should consider RAID 1
 
Back
Top