SCSI..SAS Problem

sdgserv

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
1,034
I have the LSI sas 3442 E-R controller attached to a Fujitsu drive.
Intel BadAxe 2 MoBo

Here is my problem
Windows Xp loads just fine, @F6 I use the newest lsi drivers and they load, no errors.
When I boot XP does not see the LSI. I think it is a boot agent. I have used this controller on other MoBo's and no problem.
Going blind reading Intel sites and LSI sites.

Any help!!
Thanks
 
The SAS3442E-R is an 8-lane card ... which PCIe slot do you have it in?
 
Thanks for responding..
I have it in the 3rd one. I think that is a 4 and the second is an 8 and the first is a 16..I will look up the specs..
 
Let me know if it works in the x8 slot. The x8 MegaRAID series controllers have "... support for downshifting for motherboards with x1 and x4 connections ...". The product brief for the SAS3442E-R doesn't indicate if it supports "downshifting", and unfortunately thats the only documentation for the SAS3442E-R I'm finding on their site.

Assume the controller's BIOS is enabled and it is detecting the SAS Drive? ... right?
 
No..The computer caught fire and I had to put it out with a foam.....;)
 
Let me know if it works in the x8 slot. The x8 MegaRAID series controllers have "... support for downshifting for motherboards with x1 and x4 connections ...". The product brief for the SAS3442E-R doesn't indicate if it supports "downshifting", and unfortunately thats the only documentation for the SAS3442E-R I'm finding on their site.

Assume the controller's BIOS is enabled and it is detecting the SAS Drive? ... right?

Tried the 8 slot..no go, will not load windows
Loads XP in the 4 slot..got to be th MoBo..I will call Intel tommorow
 
come on you intel people that work for intel,help out with this problem dont be scared to put some words here for sdgserv.....he has the bad axe2 board how does he get the sas controller going to boot up to windows xp pro (read the posts above).........put your 2 cents in intel
 
I don't think the Intel folks are going to be able to be of much assitance until he gets the foam cleaned off the board ... :D
 
I'm running a workstation at work with a Badaxe 2 and an Intel-rebranded MegaRAID SAS card. Works great. I think you've got a bad board.
 
Hmm ... wonder if Intel just repackages the LSI Firmware/Drivers? ... or ifthey "tweak" them for their motherboards?
 
i hope newegg sends you a real working badaxe!
so you can start screaming pushing those raptors aside with your max fujitsus
drive on!
 
I am going to RMA this board,,I have tried it all..:mad:

Just FYI, I did get a bad controller the first time I ordered from Newegg. Exchanged it, and it's been smoking ever since. It's a great board, but Intel's QC seems to be a bit low on it.
 
Back
Top