• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SCSI External Tape Drive Case Mods

Format _C:

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Jun 12, 2001
Messages
4,188
I found a Tandberg Data VXA-320 external tape drive in the trash (Along with a SCSI Card that was properly stored in an ESD bag, and the SCSI cable)

The case is what I like the most I was thinking about either putting a SATA Optical Disc Drive or a SATA HDD but I was wondering where I can just get a USB to SATA conversion board (Without buying the whole case)

I was also wondering what type the name of the bracket is called that the two SCSI IO ports mount to as it seems to be a standard mount that is on most external SCSI cases

Here is what I found

In the first picture I am talking about the bracket mount on the left side of the case that the SCSI terminator is plugged into.

I am wanting a USB port that would mount to the same bracket that would also be a SATA to USB conversion board

7.jpg



2.jpg



3.jpg
 
Back
Top