SCSI and WIN XP Pro disk recognition problem

DeepFreeze

[H]ard|Gawd
I can setup winXP on my scsi disk, but when it looks to INSTALL the system files ona selected drive, it wont see the disk, despite formatting it 5 minutes earlier.

Disk fujitsu MAS 3184 15K rpm 18.4 GB
controller- Tekram DC390U4W u320 controller card..

motherbord abit kg7-raid
no other hard disks in system. most stuff in the sig. ive tried everything i can think of.

CZARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

So you mean u will go through the process... partition the drive... then format the partitions... and then it continues and can't find the hard drive to copy the files anymore?

Did you hit F6 and give it the drivers for the card. XP does not have the DC390U4W drivers on the disk.

It does have the Drivers for the DC390U3W card.

for example, last night, i boot up, pop in retail xp pro full CD, my scsi is only hard disk in system, i hit F6, load drivers for SCSI card, only ONE scsi HD on the chain....it FORMATS the drive, then, when it is time for the system files to be copied, it cannot find the disk, its like after the format, and reading of 17.4GB on disk, the drive becomes invisible...

the bullsht. is, ive installed the SAME copy of XP on this hard disk twice before. I am stumped.

Help :(

Go into the SCSI card bios and do a verfy on that drive. Then format it with the cards bios. Then try a reload of XP.

Back