Scrolling issues while internet browsing

sram

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi folks. How is it going? Hopefully all is well. In one of my machines, if the I'm in widows for some time, I won't be able to scroll normally. I mean, it does it scroll smoothly, however, it does it slowly and in ripples fashion. I'm sorry I can't describe it very well. From what I know, this usually happens when the PC is low on RAM. Now, this machine is quite powerful if we consider it is only used for internet browsing. Quick specs are: AMD Athlon 3200+ 2.0GHz, 2GB DDR RAM, 500GB WD hard drive, ATI 2600xt drivers video card(The fastest I could get for an AGP slot). The mobo is a gigabyte 7n400 if I remember correctly. What gives?

I'm sure it is a memory problem, either system RAM or video memory. I in fact don't like this ATI card. It doesn't run well on the system, and it gave me some driver problems. A restart will fix the scrolling problem temporarily of course, but that's silly you know, just to restart to fix the issue. I tried to forcibly free system RAM by using a RAM manager, but it didn't help. I suspect the video card not being compatible with my system> What do you think I should do?

Thanks in advance.

I have no idea. For some strange reason i have scrolling issues as well. In Winamp and a couple of other programs i can scroll up but not down. I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with ram because i have 8Gbs and 1Gb on the video card. Like i said i have no idea what is causing it, but if you find out what it is please let me know because this is bugging the shit out of me.

I'm assuming you're referring to Internet Explorer? Try disabling Smooth Scrolling.

Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab > uncheck 'use smooth scrolling'

Then restart your browser.

I'm assuming you're referring to Internet Explorer? Try disabling Smooth Scrolling.

Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab > uncheck 'use smooth scrolling'

Then restart your browser.

It happens in my all browsers. I'll try it anyway and see.

It sounds like your video card drivers may not be loaded properly, if at all. I get that ripple effect when I first install an OS with no video drivers, after I install them and reboot, no more problems.

Back