Screwless / toolless PC cases?

Quartz-1

Supreme [H]ardness
Are there any? I recall Dell making use of friction grips and plastic clamps in some of their cases, but that was a decade ago.

you're not going to find a lot of them, especially with the way motherboards are installed, etc. There will be screws.

Now you could go find thumbscrews for everything (which does work) and go about it that way, so you don't need screwdrivers anywhere, but that adds more than a few bucks to most cost estimates.

there are plenty of "tool free" cases but none are truly tool free. as GB mentions the mobo is always screwed down. go look on newegg....

Agreed. Always screws somewhere. You might consider sourcing an empty Dell t3500 case. Great airflow and about as tool-less as they come. Just remember they are a heavy tank.

you're not going to find a lot of them, especially with the way motherboards are installed, etc. There will be screws.

I remember some Dell (maybe HP - it was a decade ago!) boxes having perhaps one screw on the motherboard - presumably for earthing - but the motherboards were otherwise held in place by plastic clamps. None of the slots had screws, all were held in place by a clamp.

Anyway, this is just a thought exercise; I'm not looking for one right now.

Can't use a t3500 case since the motherboard mounts upside down compared to regular atx. Many of the matx dells would be a go though

Back