• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

screwed up motherboard install

shamgar03

n00b
2FA
Joined
Apr 23, 2005
Messages
34
So I have 2 sata drives with windows on one and the other is storage. Well I installed a new motherboard but I neglected to install the appropriate windows sata drivers before swapping motherboards. The windows install does recognize the disks, but I still can't get into windows (bsod). Does anyone know of a way to get the windows drivers installed without being in windows? Maybe some option in the windows install? Thanks,
 
well most new mobos dont need drivers...

also if you are getting BSODs the drives are recognised. But you need to reinstall windows most of the time when you change mobos... you can boot into safe mode and then unistall all the drivers for the mobo and then reinstall the new mobo drivers...

its unless this is a 478 or 754 system you shouldnt need any drivers for the drives
 
I can't get into safe mode either, it just fails to load something and crashes. There is a way to do a reinstall of windows without losing any settings isnt' there?

Edit: so I am installing windows over my old windows....we'll see what happens
 
shamgar03 said:
There is a way to do a reinstall of windows without losing any settings isnt' there?

Edit: so I am installing windows over my old windows....we'll see what happens
Sure do a "Repair Install"
 
Back
Top