screwed screws

nickal78

Weaksauce
I was trying to take my hard drive out of its cage however two screws are stripped(?). They just turn and turn but won't come out so my hard drive is now stuck. What can I do?

get a small flat head and push under the screw while you screw it out. just needs to get started.

is the screw just messed up or is the hard drive also damage like if i get the screws out can i screw new ones in no problem?

You won't know that till you get the screws out and can look at them. If the threads look fine on the screws then it's the hdd threads that are messed.

The holes are most likely stripped. Although not the "proper" way you should be able to use some new, slightly larger screws and it should be ok. Your "stripped" screws problem was likely caused by using the wrong size/thread type screw. If you are using the correct size screw you have to torque it pretty good before you'll strip it (at least in my experience). It should be OK.

smalll needle nose pliers also help. pull out on teh screw while turning it. make sure its the right direction.

Righty- tighty
Lefty- Loosey

....more than likely, the HD threads are fine and the little screws are stripped. Seen that before....

Falls Included is right; I use a knife blade under the screw to gently pry up while turning the screw. Usually, once started, they come "right" out....

Good luck - B.B.S.

just use a thin blade like a flat screwdriver, a knife, or an aol cd... slip that blade under the screw head and unscrew it as you try to "pry it off"

Back