Screen Tearing on Samsung 46"

Majinhoju

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey folks, question for ya.

I have a 46" Samsung LN46B540 60hz LCD tv. I've noticed from both gaming on my 360 (using hdmi at 1080p) and my PC (VGA 1920x1080) I get some screen tearing. it seems to occur when there's quick movement on screen. If i turn around fast on a fps game for example.

i don't think it is a v-sync issue (i keep vsync enabled). from my PC, i output to both my monitor and tv, my monitor handles the motion just fine with no tearing, but my tv seems to show the tearing a bit.

are there any settings i can play around with that might get rid of the tearing?

My suspicion would be that you have some sort of "cinamotion" or some other similarly monikered feature running on the tv. Usually they're in place to dejudder film sources or have to do with 3:2 pulldown on sources that don't output 24fps, 60fps, whatever. See if there is a "game mode" or something like that too. My Sony tv tears like crazy unless I put it in game mode. Best bet would be to set the tv to factory defaults first and then disable every possible "feature" that can be disabled and see what happens from there.

Oh right, I didn't even think of game mode, lol. I'll give that a try, if that doesn't work, i'll set it back to default and change 1 setting at a time.

Thanks for the input :)

Back