screen setup

snyper238

Limp Gawd
do they make a program to test the colors and brightness and contrast of projectors

also test the surround sound

there are tons of them, but I do it to my taste, not THX standards. I just find a movie or game that I am very familair with and tweak it to my preference. THX is a bit dark for my taste.

I am looking for something for surround as well. I got my creative drivers online, but they are so basic. They dont have a surround test. I want to know each channel works correctly. Like it says front left (from front left speaker) front right (from front right speaker) etc...

Avia, Digital Video Essentials, Sound and Vision Home Theater Tune-Up are all standard test discs for setup of audio and video. I use all 3 depending on how much time I have, also any "THX Certified" DVD will have the THX optimizer included in the dvd menu which is a limited version of a full test dvd.

While reference may seem dark it is what the director intended for the movie to look like and is the correct standard, that said most of the time without calibration it still wouldn't be correct with just a test disc but it will be closer than the defaults.

yeah, everybody says you'll get used to the THX if you give it enought ime, but I am happy with my viewing experience so I see no reason to change.

Back