Screen saver issues in xp pro

swatbat

[H]F Junkie
I have a system at work that will not run the screen saver. Pretty much I want it to run a screen saver with password protect so it locks the machine when the employee walks away from it. I have tried going under gpedit and forcing the screen saver that way as well. If you click preview to launch the screen saver it comes up fine but with no password(as it is in preview mode). Any ideas on this? I figure there has to be something I'm missing. As far as whats running on the machine. Peachtree, some text based client software and the normal stuff like the apc monitor program. Anyone have a trick to look at with this? Thanks

is this one of the default screensavers or an aftermarket..I cant think of any reason why it wouldn't work under a default one..with an aftermarket its poosible it wasnt installed correctly

Stock screensavers on a machine that came with xp pro(otherwise it wasn't upgraded from something elce). The screensavers work fine in preview mode but will not lauch under normal use(ie walk away for a few minutes). I have tried changing the screen saver too.

Back