• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Screen Resolution Issue

iRpilot

Weaksauce
Joined
Oct 4, 2011
Messages
102
Due to issues with my HTPC and s3 sleep, I just leave it on all the time. I used to have issues with a black screen or a messed up resolution when I turned my TV and A/V receiver back on and my HTPC resumed from sleep. I resolved those issues with a custom power plan, MCE Standby tool, some scripts I wrote, EventGhost, and some macros with my Harmony One remote. I was never able to sort out an issue with my HTPC forcing itself into sleep and cutting off recordings though, so now I just leave it on.

Now I'm back to the resolution and black screen issues. If my HTPC is on, and WMC is full screen, when I turn all my gear on with the remote my resolution is always 1024x768. If I close WMC I get a black with a flickering backlight. I have to turn all my gear off and back on a few times before it's finally 1920x1080 and a normal picture.

I've tried changing the order in which everything turns on, and running HdmiYo during the startup macro via EvenGhost, all to no avail.

Any ideas?
 
Back
Top