screen resolution batch file for dual monitors..

ok.. a long time ago i asked if there was a program that could change the screen resoultion with a batch file.. i got a few different programs as a result of that.. however now i have dual monitors.. and need to know how to change the resolution on both monitors...

right now it changes the primary and not the secondary..

i really just wish XP would allow different resolutions for different users, is that too hard?

another option would be to disable the 2nd monitor when "user x" logs in, and just change the main one to 800x600.. i am going to see if ultramon can do that actually.

well.. i guess i didn't post when i thought i did...

i was able to get ultramon to do everything i need.. change the res, refresh, etc.. disable the 2nd monitor.. however.. once the 2nd monitor was disabled, i couldn't get it re-enabled when i went back to my username..

then i realized it will only activate a profile when on startup.. since i am using "fast user switching, and never logging out, i wasn't activating it.. therefore i had a also do a logoff script on the 2ndary user with my settings.. so i don't have to worry about bullshit when logging back in..

so yeah.. that's how i solved it..

so now i just have 1 question..

how do i make the icons on the "welcome screen" really big? the res has to be 1600x1200 on that screen for me to not get pissed off when resuming my session..

so if i could just edit teh welcome screen and my my grandma's user icon really huge all would be good..

Back