• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Screen randomly goes black for a few seconds

Shocked

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 1, 2009
Messages
373
Happens infrequently and is unpredictable, so trying to determine the problem by trial and effort is going to be frustrating.

Just for the sake of finding a good place to start, does this sound like a monitor issue as opposed to a video card one (or something else)?

Have to wait for a new Display Port cable to get here in the mail, but that's also high on my priority list of things to try.

It's a Samsung S27A950D. Whole range of monitors seems to have issues, I went through replacing two S27A750D's under warranty before they upgraded me to this one because they had no more 750D's. Those were for a completely different issue though. Have to check the length of the warranty because I can't remember off the top of my head - already been almost 18 months.
 
I got something similar in my VG248QE, Vega has it too in 1 of his 3 setup.

It can happen randomly but not too often just for 1 sec goes black n back, no idea what's this vega doesn't know either just cuz it happens so rarely I'm not worrying tho
 
It happens sometimes on my VG278H, especially when I am logging on"It happens only when the modes are changing. Especially when 3D Mode is being initialized. The nVidia-specific special 3D Vision enabling (LightBoost) communications takes two or three seconds.
 
Yeah but it can not happen for 3 days for me and suddenly can happen while playin which is annoying even if its only a second lol
 
I got something similar in my VG248QE, Vega has it too in 1 of his 3 setup.

It can happen randomly but not too often just for 1 sec goes black n back, no idea what's this vega doesn't know either just cuz it happens so rarely I'm not worrying tho
My fear is it might be a sign of the monitor dying. Guess I'll know if it starts happening more frequently.

I had a Planar that randomly shut off, and that one started out very intermittently like this until it became a serious problem, but the difference is that one didn't turn back on by itself - had to do it manually after some kind of weird cooling off period (which got longer and longer as the problem kept recurring).
It happens sometimes on my VG278H, especially when I am logging on"It happens only when the modes are changing. Especially when 3D Mode is being initialized. The nVidia-specific special 3D Vision enabling (LightBoost) communications takes two or three seconds.
Hmm. Mine doesn't care what's going on. It's happened when browsing the web and in the middle of playing games (haven't used the 3D function in ages).
 
Back
Top