Screen capture software, cutting/splicing, no audio, swf format

Cerulean

[H]F Junkie
We have a user that is looking to create some videos for an eCommerce website and is interesting in both recording software for screen capture and editing software for cutting/splicing. User also says "probably something that works with .swf files would be best so we can keep the size small" (sigh). "There will be no audio in the recordings. The simpler the program, the better." I figure the user is probably going to make videos on how to use the eCommerce website or something close to this guess anyway.

Any suggestions?

SWF files are a *compiled* flash movie; you would need the source code and compiler to do any changes. Your better option is to use the SWF as a dumb "player", and pass in a URL to a MP4 or FLV file to play.

Alternatively, there are lots of Flash video player containers to choose from and are reasonably priced. Personally, I've had good luck with FlowPlayer.

I've used Camtasia for screen recording sessions, and it has worked well. Play around with some of the highlighting options they have to emphasize "click" and other events. They have a 30 day demo you can download and try. You can use any video editor you want to edit the output screen recording video -- Windows Live Movie Maker, Final Cut, etc.

Last edited:
Back