Screen Capture Question(s)

topslop1

2[H]4U
I'm currently using Fraps for screen capture. The uncompressed video files are enormous. Is there a screen capture program that encodes in real time? I'm on an I5 @ 4ghz and I'm wondering if encoding in real time is a possibility or if it is a pipe dream. If it is a possibility is there a program that does it?

I might be being dumb here because I don't have any experience with it, but wouldn't encoding in real time cause a huge performance hit to whatever you are doing at the moment, like gaming?

I'm currently using Fraps for screen capture. The uncompressed video files are enormous. Is there a screen capture program that encodes in real time? I'm on an I5 @ 4ghz and I'm wondering if encoding in real time is a possibility or if it is a pipe dream. If it is a possibility is there a program that does it?

I think AMD recently released its own screen capture utility equivalent to nvidia shadowplay.

You ain't kidding I just checked my fraps folder to find 4 short videos taking up like 5GB of space.

Back