Scratchy sound?

kaitsu

n00b
Joined
Jan 30, 2004
Messages
16
Hello!

I have the following problem.

My soundcard makes odd scratchy sounds while playing DVD movies, this is continuous. If the volume is high the scratchy sound is higher too and vice versa. Same thing when playing MP3:s

I lowered the sound volume halfway (In Control Panel, musicmatch and powerdvd) but i still get the scratchy sound.
I have also uninstalled the driver 2 times and installed it back straight from the original CD and as an INF file as well. Nothing seems to help

I have tested the DVD:s and MP3:s on a different machine and they work fine.

I use headphones when i watch movies or listen music, i don't use speakers at all.


Computer: AMD Athlon 2400+
Motherboard: Asus A7V8X-MX
OS: WinXP Professional
Driver Version: 5.12.1.3663 (SoundMAX Integerated Digital Audio) It's onboard
 
I just noticed when i was playing around with the soundcard settings that it's actually the cd-rom that makes the sound scratchy.
When i mute the cd-rom the scratchiness disappears nearly completely, i'm just wondering how could this be and is there something i can do about it.

Kaitsu
 
Do you have the uneeded cdrom audio cable installed?

When i mute the cd-rom the scratchiness disappears nearly completely, i'm just wondering how could this be and is there something i can do about it.
Sounds to me like you already answered your own question. ;)
Check the device manager and see if the CDROM drive is stuck in PIO mode.
 
Back
Top