Scratch Build: S23

snipes23

Gawd
Looking to make a reverse atx case out of Aluminum. Plan to run 2 480 monsta rads with push pull. Here's what I have done so far.

Progress soo far

The plan for the divider I'll be working on tomorrow, gonna go through all the parts tomorrow, clean up, and countersink the parts that need to be done.

2 480 monsta rads? What are you trying to do, reverse global warming!?

Finally countersunk all the pieces, made the back tray, hoping to get working on the rails for slide out tray in the next few days. Here's some photos.

Finally got done making the rails for sliding mobo tray.

Last edited:
As she sits now, got one 480 monsta in, decided I'm going to shorten the case about 6" in length hoping to get most of that done today.

More work done, but I'm all out of cut off discs ahhhhhh

Last edited:
Shortened everything up, wasn't able to go anymore all out of dremel cut off discs. I did get the lian li case feet installed.

[/QUOTE]

Shortened everything up, wasn't able to go anymore all out of dremel cut off discs. I did get the lian li case feet installed. Need to start looking into how much prep I need to do to get this powder coated. Next on the list to get is hex screws for everything, bits power rigid fittings and acrylic tubing, and another monsta rad ;)

[/QUOTE]

Thank you, just ordered rigid fittings should get a good amount done tomorrow morning. Def will update tomorrow with some pics

Why is the case so tall? You didn't mention the hardware that was going inside, but even if you were using an E-ATX board, the case just seems huge considering the WC'ing gear is housed in the bottom (aside from the res I imagine)...Anyway I look forward to seeing the rest of your work..

Hey thank you, I plan on using 2 alphacool monsta rads in push pull config at top and bottom so needed it to be semi tall to fit those. I shortened length of case because it was so long and didn't need all that extra space. Just finished doing io backplate and psu bracket.

It always amazes me what people can do. If I tried this it would end up glued to the wall and shielded by q-tips.

Good work! Subbed.

Back