Scoring methods in TDM

TheRapture

Supreme [H]ardness
OK, let me rant a little, and get opinions.

In a TDM game, there is always "that player" that is obsessed with the highest kill count, so he can "win" the round. So you get a guy that spams/runs/suicides around, gets 150 frags/120 deaths...call it +30 for the team.

...another guy gets only 90 kills/20 deaths....that's +70 for the TEAM....

Now who is the better team player?

Every time you die, you are giving the opposing team a point. So why aren't scores based on what you contribute to the TEAM...?

I have seen guys "win" frag count but with negative KD ratios? They should be at the bottom of the rankings actually IMO.

And I don't mean the guys that just purely camp to get those high KD ratios, I am talking about good, solid players that move around, play smart, and get nice kill counts.

Not to gloat but I'm generally the latter guy. You learn the map, then you know where to go to flank the other team. Albeit its harder for a game that requires skill like CS. But in CoD, I have a hay day there. I've only been playing CoD this gen on console (first foray into console fps this past year). And I agree, too ma t scrubs who run in and get so many deaths and go 1:1 kdr. Some guy on my team single handedly got 40 deaths and 20 kills in a tdm.

I have seen guys "win" frag count but with negative KD ratios? They should be at the bottom of the rankings actually IMO.

Many games do the ranking based off kills and deaths. +1 for each kill -1 for each death.

The only effective incentive for players to stay alive (that I've seen) is long respawn timers.

But the counter argument is that the game will become stale. Everybody who isn't good at aiming will camp lol. I think for certain game modes like TDM, if someone is camping it should show the person thru walls etc if they have been there for longer than 10-15 seconds and will fade out when they move.

In BF4, you get score for teamwork like ammo and meds.

In TDM of cod, what can you do for the team?

In some mode of cod, like reinforce, although you can play team or personal score and I play team and it would be hard for the programers to give the score for team behavoir, to not say impossible.

I'm kinda confused here, so the guy who gets a shit ton of kills for the team sacrificing himself in the process is the bad guy? Seems like a weird system.

In every FPS Im aware of unless he's carrying the team the 90-20 guy is A)hacking like a mo and or B) using his teammates as shield and fodder to kill steal.

My favorite strat in Counter-strike is "the strawman". In an objective goal you have one guy go to one objective pretending to be the team using smokes and flashbangs while the rest of the team hits the other objective quietly. In a protect goal you have one guy carefully rush or sneak into the opposing team side of the map and engage them so that they show up in the radar negating"fog of war".

Even in TDM its fine as long as your team is getting ahead in points.

In BF points dont work like that just getting 150/120 doesnt mean anything to a player or team. so that person would just be a fail whale and no one would care.

I've played a lot of COD4 and I dont remember it being like that. Maybe its a newer COD thing. I've played about 5 minutes of every COD after COD4 and theyve all seemed like unplayable garbage for me. Oddly every once in a while Ill hop on COD4, still a shit ton of players and still fun same graphics. Maybe you should go back to playing that.

Back