scored me...

-expl0de-

Weaksauce
my very first SLR camera :D :D :D

its a Ricoh XR-20sp

35mm slr with two lenses. a 35-75mm f-3.5-4.8 and a 75-200mm f-4.5.

omg omg omg :D :D :D :D

step dad gave it to me. starting out almost as everyone else did, by getting a camera given to them :p

i havent got any film and its batteries are flat so ill drive to kmart after school tomorrow and pick me up some batteries and about 3 rolls of ISO400 film. might goto the city or the zoo this weekend and snap some shots :D

it has automatic options and also has fully manual capabilities. hopefully i will be able to learn lots from this camera before i get the money for the Digital Rebel. :D

Originally posted by -expl0de-
...about 3 rolls of ISO400 film....

Congrats! Are you sure you want ISO 400? You'll get some nicer quality (less graininess) with 200 or 100, especially if you're not doing high speed shots.

Originally posted by defcom_1
Congrats! Are you sure you want ISO 400? You'll get some nicer quality (less graininess) with 200 or 100, especially if you're not doing high speed shots.

word up...and i would actually reccommend starting with black and white, especially if you will be doing your own printing. grab some rolls of TMAX100

AHHHHHHHHHHHH let me guess. Either Fuji Superia 400 (not bad), or Kodak 400 Max (Ugh :( ).

For your next purchase (film wise) by 2 rolls of Fuji Reala 135-36 out of the fridge. Its one of the best films to start with, trust me.

Cheers,

lol. i got me 3 rolls of Kodak high definition film, ISO 200.

after i use these i will take suggestions of what film to use. :)
and i will most likely get some black and white film next.

Back