• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Scoreboard: Nikon 4, Wallet 0

PS-RagE

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Aug 11, 2000
Messages
4,298
I've been "accessorising" my D70 since I got it. Man, talk about a bad habit (already!) Just had to share a couple pics (taken with my old RDC-5000):

d70case.jpg

This is the UK dry case I got for it. Completely watertight and crushproof. Important for expensive toys!

d70csopn.jpg

The case opened. Everything safely packed in diced foam. Room to grow.

d70loaded.jpg

Here it is with the SB-800 SpeedFlash and the new 70-300mm lens. The lens is far from Nikon's finest, but I wanted a little extra reach before I start spending the big bucks.

d70long.jpg

Lens at 300mm
 
mmm nice my D70 should ship today, is that nikons 70-300? Is it the G version or the more expensvie model?
 
It is the "G". Pretty much everything I'd read on the 'net said they were the same and since it is a temporary solution while I figure things out, I didn't want to spend the extra $200. I'm going to take a photography course in the fall and hopefully get a good feel on how to go with lenses (the expensive part of an SLR)
 
And for the record, the old Ricoh can take real nice pics, these were just quick snaps with poor lighting (one of its weak points)
 
yea im probably going to pick up the G as soon as i figure how much money i have left in the bank after getting the D70. I dont really need an amazing telephoto lens just something to wildlife and people closer on a sunny day. The multiplyer effect on the D70 deffinatlly works in the favor of telephoto.
 
i was going to get the expensive ed version of the 70-300 until i saw these (taken by a 9 year old on the d70 and the 70-300 non ed):

31925371.jpg


so once those bestbuy rewards dollars hit, im grabbing a 70-300. and a 50mm maybe next month.

-esr
 
it's strange how a lot of people on this forum are fans of canon point and shoots, but the nikon dslr (s).
 
mdude85 said:
it's strange how a lot of people on this forum are fans of canon point and shoots, but the nikon dslr (s).

You folks can keep your nikons

300d2.jpg
 
PS-RagE said:
This is the UK dry case I got for it. Completely watertight and crushproof. Important for expensive toys!
Nice case! We've got a Tamrac CyberPack8 for our camera and whatnot. I'll take some photos tomorrow to show how we're using it, but you can Google the model name to get an idea of it. It's much larger than picture seem to make it look!
 
royjr said:
Awwwwwwww, look at the cute, PLASTIC camera :p

*yawn* You folks can obsess over the bodies all you want, all that really matters is whats attached to the body.
 
oh come on tq, we dont really want to get into a nikon canon pissing contest do we? :D .

both are fine. just brand pref really.
 
esr2 said:
oh come on tq, we dont really want to get into a nikon canon pissing contest do we? :D .

both are fine. just brand pref really.

There is no doubt about it, the d70 is a better camera. But i'll take my canon lens selection.
 
The bag we have is a Tamrac CyberPack8. It holds practically everything. Camera, lenses, flash & off-camera unit, batteries, filters, mini-tripod, manuals, cleaning supplies, and more. The only thing I couldn't stuff inside was the flash bracket, but it straps onto the side nicely. You can see how the big tripod straps on, too. It may look unwieldy, but it feels quite good on your back.

CD included in the first picture for a size reference, though strangely it makes the bag look much smaller than it is:
P7296319_cyberpack8_closed_cd_sm.jpg


P7296320_cyberpack8_straps_sm.jpg


P7296317_cyberpack8_contents_sm.jpg


(For reference, the tripod strapped on the back is just under three feet long when collapsed. Even better reference: the tiles on the floor are one foot square.)
 
HorsePunchKid said:
CD included in the first picture for a size reference, though strangely it makes the bag look much smaller than it is:
Quite an awsome bag you have there, i really need to get someting like that, right now im using a shoebox to keep my lenses and flash (ghetto as hell :D) although i do have a tamarac bag for one lens and the camera body and lens cleaning equipment, as well as my remote shutter release and batteries and wahtnot. also personally i htink the chair behind the bag in the first pic of it is the best reference for size. the CD does make it looks smaller but the chair behind reminds u that is isnt THAT small, even tho the chair is backed away from the bag a lil bit. man i really need one of those bags :p
 
I like the backpack concept. Certainly be easier than carrying a breifcase. But I think I'll stick with the dry case
 
PS-RagE said:
I like the backpack concept. Certainly be easier than carrying a breifcase. But I think I'll stick with the dry case
Your case certainly sounds like it's got its advantages. It's much better padded and rugged. This bag is pretty stiff, but it's certainly never going to go through an airport luggage system, for example. I forgot to mention that it's got a laptop compartment that's pretty well padded, but it's sandwiched between your back and all the weight of the camera equipment. Not ideal, but useful in a pinch, I suppose.
 
[TQ] said:
*yawn* You folks can obsess over the bodies all you want, all that really matters is whats attached to the body.

~ see sig for details~ :D
 
Ladies please, this is not a thread about arguing over waht camera is better. Please can we keep to the subject? ie the guys camera case and lenses he has. if u have comments, suggestions, or items of your own you would like to share pertaining to the subject matter, then by all means post. sry for ranting but im just getting a bit tired of people argueing over what camera is better waht is true, waht isnt, all that other swill. PLEASE stay on topic.
 
agentzero9 said:
The D70 is PLASTIC too :eek: :eek:

He wasnt so much promoting the D70 as he was bashing anything but hte 10D.

As you can tell from his sig he has whats called "IPS" (Inferior Penial Syndrom).

I presume he drives a big black pick up truck with a 7 inch lift kit and mud tires, loaded with a loud stereo that plays matallica all the time.

Oh yes, he also shows off his gun collection frequently.
 
lol, the girl at kitz camera had a 10d... she was pretty... pretty girl with a nice camera... mmm.
 
[TQ] said:
He wasnt so much promoting the D70 as he was bashing anything but hte 10D.

As you can tell from his sig he has whats called "IPS" (Inferior Penial Syndrom).

I presume he drives a big black pick up truck with a 7 inch lift kit and mud tires, loaded with a loud stereo that plays matallica all the time.

Oh yes, he also shows off his gun collection frequently.

are you saying that because i own a 10d i have a small pen0r? :mad:



;) :D

thats a nice case... similar to a Pelican eh?
 
I dont see you bragging aobut the fact that your camera is contained in a metal body.
 
[TQ] said:
He wasnt so much promoting the D70 as he was bashing anything but hte 10D.

As you can tell from his sig he has whats called "IPS" (Inferior Penial Syndrom).

I presume he drives a big black pick up truck with a 7 inch lift kit and mud tires, loaded with a loud stereo that plays matallica all the time.

Oh yes, he also shows off his gun collection frequently.

Wrong on all counts, little man.

Oh, and, since we're calling a spade a spade, I COULD always talk about how magnificant my Canon lens is, and how damn important the lenses are over bodies as you do, now that you FINALLY own your first L glass. Where-as, only a week ago, you were smart enough to keep your humble mouth shut.

EDIT: Actually, my gun "collection" merely consists of a Taurus 8-shot revolver and an H&K pistol. Both of which I've rarely posted pics of, and remain in their alum. briefcases in the bedroom closet.

EDIT2: Sorry for crapping your thread, Dale. In hopes of staying on-topic, I'd appreciate seeing more of your photos as your DSLR skills progress. :)
 
You guys are going to make me lock my own thread - I hate it when that happens. Lets keep on topic, shall we?
 
PS-RagE said:
You guys are going to make me lock my own thread - I hate it when that happens. Lets keep on topic, shall we?


No i dont think thats needed.

But i think i've bragged about L glass long before i owned one. And really i havnt had but one chance ot really use it. So to be honest i'm not all that sure if i'm even happy with it.

I don think i've ever brought up "L" in my nikon vs canon debates. MOST people shoot telephoto (which is anyhting over 50mm). And canons telephoto lenses are better then nikons. Nikon on hte other hand is known for it's selection of wider lenses.

There is really nothing to argue about here, i am simply presenting facts as they are. And anyone who doubts canon bodies just wait for photokina where i think the D70 will finally be shut down.

There is a rather large parrallel between nikon vs canon digital bodies with ATI vs Nvidia graphics cards. Unless two companies are putting out products at the exact same time it's kind of hard to fairly say who is ahead of the game. The D70 was released a long time after the 10D and quiet a bit after the 300D yet people still insist on saying that Nikon is so far ahead of te game.

Which brings me to my next point, which i keep brining up. You shouldnt buy a camera just because it's the best out right now, not when the vast amount invested in the hobby is the lenses/lighting etc, as PS-RagE is quickly finding out ;-). If you prefer Nikon glass then by all means go for the D70...i've been saying that the whole time. But i dont think i've actually been told by anyone ever that they think Nikons got a better lens selection.

In the end anyone with a D70 should be happy with the camera, if they are not then i highly doubt any form of equipment will make them happy aside from a phototaking robot.
 
on monday i get to try out the D70's buffer.... 144 pics in succession... I can't wait :D
 
esr2 said:
on monday i get to try out the D70's buffer.... 144 pics in succession... I can't wait :D

I cant imagine every shooting that many shots at 3.5 fps (or whatever it is). But i do get tired of waiting for the buffer to clear when shooting raw in studio type shots. I think a lot of that has to do with my card though. None the less, this buffer move by nikon only means other companies, canon most notably, will have to match...or out do it.
 
yup and we all win as a result, i think the sandisk ultra ii will be alright.
 
Back
Top