Scorching! SHARP 42" 1080p LCD @ Dell.com $799 + FS

PyroHoltz

Gawd
Very nice SHARP 42" LCD from www.Dell.com for $799 w/ free shipping! :eek:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...6&cs=19&c=us&l=en&dgc=CJ&cid=24471&lid=566643

Features Color
Sharp’s Spectral Contrast Engine ED Black
Type of Display Display Type
Widescreen

Flat Panel LCD
Viewable Size Analog Video Signal
42 in Not Available
Built-in Devices Color Support
ATSC / QAM / NTSC Tuners / Bottom Mounted Speakers Not Available
Compliant Standards Connectivity Technology
Not Available

Cable
Digital Video Standard Dimensions (WxDxH) / Weight
Not Available With Stand and Speakers: 39.75" x 10.91" x 27.75" / 48.72 lbs; Without Stand and Speakers: 39.75" x 3.87" x 25.37" / 43.80 lbs
Display Positions Adjustments Response Time
Not Available 6.5 ms
Dot Pitch Image Brightness
Not Available 500 cd/m2
Image Contrast Ratio Image Max H-View Angle / Image Max V-Vie
Dynamic: 8000:1; Native: 2000:1 178° / 178°
Max Resolution Port(s) Total ( Free ) / Connector Type
1920x1080 3 x HDMI / 2 x HD Component / 1 x Composite Video / 1 x S-Video Input / 4 x Audio Input
Service / Support Details
Not Available

According to a post on AVS forum, the "BS" stands for "budget series". Doesn't seem that hot to me.

Not bad but in the 42" size I'd opt for the Panny Plasma. $899 daily and supposedly going to be on sale next Friday [BF]

yeah bullshit series... although i would have to hear educated opinions on it first because most all new lcd's nowadays look decent at least.... not to mention, if you go by picture quality the Sharp Aquos tv's time and again always look the most expensive/best. i wouldnt be a bit surprised to find out this is a hot deal on a great tv.

Saw this on SD.. doesn't seem like that good of a deal unless you just want a working LCD HDTV.

I have the 52" version of this TV in my living room and it's a good set. Specs are decent, but definitely not the best. Colors and picture is still pretty damn good though.

My 52" actually has slightly better specs than this and an extra HDMI port even know it's the same series.

Well considering a 42" aquos goes for well north of a grand, this is a decent deal for those who just want a basic HDTV without any bells and whistles. 80% of the performance for two thirds ofthe price seems like a good deal to me.

Well considering a 42" aquos goes for well north of a grand, this is a decent deal for those who just want a basic HDTV without any bells and whistles. 80% of the performance for two thirds ofthe price seems like a good deal to me.

While sharp still has a few high enders up there, they really have gone the way of the budget set, and I must say their budget line doesn't have quite the magical picture they did back a couple of years, relative to competition. But they still make a good set. Hard to believe a company with such value pricing would get caught up with LG in an illegal price fixing scheme. Oh well. They aim to make up for it perhaps with this deal?? hehehe.

Not a good deal. It's not that good of a set and can be found at other locations for around the same price.

The same TV is supposedly on sale at Costco for the same price, till dec 15th as per an AVS forum member.

At Costco you get an easy/convenient return and an automatic two year warranty.

Not much info available but here's an AVS forum thread: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1065715

Agreed, thanks for pointing this out. The only thing really different is that you pay for shipping from Costco.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Produc...1316143&ec=BC-EC877-CatHome&pos=19&lang=en-US

how does this compared to the aquos's? On SharpUsa.com they have aquos features in it's discription. So I'm really lost on this.

Wasn't referring to Costco.com, i meant the brick and mortar store actually.

Many people live near a Costco B&M store. Purchasing in-store makes return/exchange and warranty issues a lot simpler ;)

Have you seen this deal in stores? I haven't been to our B&M store to check, but the deal at www.Costco.com states "Limited Time Online Offer". Now, I understand this might not actually be "Limited Time" like they state, but it most likely is online only. I've seen deals online before that aren't carried in B&M's...

Either way, its not a bad deal. End of story. ;)

Wasn't referring to Costco.com, i meant the brick and mortar store actually.

Many people live near a Costco B&M store. Purchasing in-store makes return/exchange and warranty issues a lot simpler ;)

I'd have to disagree with this, I bought the 22" sceptre monitor online at costco.com and had the same DVI problem that a lot others did and I walked right in with the confirmation E-mail and they refunded me every penny including shipping on the spot, no questions asked. I have experienced both in store and online returns and when there's a problem, it makes no difference whether you bought it online or instore. The only inconvenience is if you want to exchange, they may not carry it in store and you'll have to wait for a new one to ship.

how does this compared to the aquos's? On SharpUsa.com they have aquos features in it's discription. So I'm really lost on this.

i wouldnt be surprised if theyre basically the same guts. were still waiting for proper feedback though, im still curious too.

I'd have to disagree with this, I bought the 22" sceptre monitor online at costco.com and had the same DVI problem that a lot others did and I walked right in with the confirmation E-mail and they refunded me every penny including shipping on the spot, no questions asked. I have experienced both in store and online returns and when there's a problem, it makes no difference whether you bought it online or instore. The only inconvenience is if you want to exchange, they may not carry it in store and you'll have to wait for a new one to ship.
Nothing at all to disagree about. In the initial context i was comparing dell.com to costco B&M, not Costco.com vs Costco B&M.

Nice to know that the Costco brick and mortar stores accept returns from Costco.com, not all stores allow that convenience.

Sorry for veering off-topic OP, was just posting what may be a convenient alternative (for some).

Back