Scorching: Intel C2D E4300 w/Mobo $119!!!

I think only the bay area has those Thursday 1 day sales. Hopefully it will be $119 tomorrow elsewhere so I can get $30 back. I bought that combo (if it's the retail E4300) last week for $150.

Edit: the $119 one is not the retail bundle. :( The one last week was PLU# 5162506. I already have the same stock Intel HSF so I might go back and exchange my combo for the OEM one anyways ($32 back).

nice deal. Might have to pick that up just cause its so cheap. Its a great OC'er too. Check my sig!

Remember you can mod this to run at 2.4 ghz, and then take the fsb to 300 with this board for 2.7 ghz (not a bad setup for $120). Unfortunately the mobo does not support dual chan ram though.........

By the way those deals normally apply to all frys and if they dont bring in a printed thing and they may price match it. (depends on manager) but always works for me.

yeah but the board is AGP... not forward compatible since everything is going PCI-E

Wow. I'll be out that way for a week in September, I hope they have some amazing deals like this I can take advantage of. I hate not having any Frys around me :-(

what MBs are you guys using to get high OCs on air?
I use an Abit AB9 Pro. The board doesn't get the highest FSB out there (tops out around 375MHz QDR FSB), but it doesn't matter much for the E4300. I think OTES may limit my overclockability with future upgrades. At least the motherboard itself is silent.

I run into temperature problems with the stock heatsink anyways around 360MHz QDR FSB (3.24GHz).

Heh, too bad I am in SoCal today, b/c the deal is no good down here in the Anaheim Fry's.
Luckily I have a buddy who hopefully can snatch one up for me in San Jose.

At this price I think I will get it and sell the mobo for dirt cheap. Looks like it's time to buy a nice board for this CPU.

I used to live ten minutes from a fry's, now I live 6 hours by plane....sigh

Damn frys has black fridayish deals every week.

Makes me feel even dumber for buying my e4300 3 weeks ago, since I haven't even really used it yet. :(

Back